Fors Gold+ Coming Soon

Nice.....isn't there another machine that ran on 19khz?....and wasnt it a hot one..?

I so agree that a cover, case should be automatic...not an accessory....we want to protect our investment.

Thx for the update, Dilek! :-)

PS I am not saying Nokta would necessarily have to give it to us, but at least make it part of the pkg and if they need to charge a little more, so be it...

Hello there! The extra lower shaft and the 5'' coils were included based on customer feedbacks. We could have included the case and the covers, too but to be honest with you we did not want to increase the price more as for people who own a FORS Gold already and who want to upgrade to the Fors Gold +, it would be a waste of money. Environmental covers can be thrown in the package at the time of order, not a really big issue. 

Thanks for the quick response---(which is becoming expected and normal from your company now) :)

You all are THE best at customer service as far as I have seen...

• Like 2

This machine runs on 6 volts. GBP runs on 9 volts. The GMT runs on 12 volts.

For now, I'll stick with the GMT. Not only because I think it makes for a hotter machine but also longer in field use on one set of batteries.

When I look at the BIG minelabs I am attracted to the large batteries. To bad I never have the money for something that has the power I would like.

You've got to have the juice if you're going to pry them loose!

Batteries was never an issue with the original Fors Gold. They supply Varta brand rechargeable batteries with charger on the pro pack. I detected more then 8 hours a day for hundreds of hours in the past year and a half. and the battery level never left 100 percent on any day.. Next time out I would throw them on the charger for less then 10 minutes to top them off. I never had to buy 1 battery for the Fors Gold in hundreds of hours.
The gb pro runs on 1 9v and the gb 2 runs on 2 9v and I ran both for years and never really seen a difference in performance between them. I found micro gold just as well with gb pro with 1 9v battery. It probably has to do with the technical side of how much a detector requires for power. Doesn't seem to effect performance. Fors gold runs on 4 AA batteries that are 1.2 volts. I bought stronger AA batteries on amazon for it but it dont affect depth or performance. Not sure how the new Fors gold plus will be on battery life but im sure it will be about the same.

• Like 1

Californiagold

Being you have had a longer run time with the fors gold than most people it would be good to hear your thinking on the plus. I'm already checking with Chris and when he knows more he'll get back with me.

The Best

Chuck

There is no relation to battery voltage and detector power. The big Minelab batteries are only 7.4v. Also I agree, my Fors Core gets great battery life.

Hey Dilek, reading another thread about an armband makes me remember something I was going to mention with the Fors Core that I wonder might also apply to the Fors Gold +? The armstrap is too small to fit around my bare arm and the armrest is just barely large enough for me to put my arm in, and I'm not exactly burly. It'd be good to make the straps another 2 inches longer or so and widen the armrest out a bit if that would be possible.