GPZ 7000 Software Update - Official Release Information

Minelab are pleased to announce the first software update to our GPZ 70000 detector.

This free update incorporates a new Auto Ground Tracking Algorithm resulting in improved Auto Ground Balance functionality.

This GPZ software update improves the detector’s ability to track to the ground, such that more of the audio you hear is from gold nuggets. Resulting in -

More stable threshold
Higher sensitivity
Less false ground signal interference
Precision ground tracking
More gold found

This update also maximises achievable detection depth in any given soil type by delivering improved tracking of the yellow ferrite when ground balancing. Updates can be done easily via Minelab’s XChange 2, or manually via a file transfer method when XChange 2 is not available (e.g. if using a Mac).There is no need to return your detector to a Minelab dealer.

To download the October 2015 software update or to obtain the pdf version of the brochure below go to http://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/gold-detectors/gpz-7000?view=downloads

If for some reason you have concerns you can also roll back to the original software version at the same page (January 2015 Firmware)

post-1-0-93907800-1444618198_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-88104500-1444618202_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Bada Bing, 

I am with you on this, I hate to admit but I am not a teki  and words like software, upgrades and such make me nervous :). Perhaps this is why I still run my 4500, the gpz seems a bit complicated and now you can program the dang thing!! I think I am getting to old....but if a dealer would have a service like that...and do the upgrades and do them correct, I can live with. Perhaps a gpz is in my future.

• Like 1