GPZ 7000 Software Update - Official Release Information

I'm a major MacIntosh user - Color me "stupid" with the directions posted, but the Manual Download procedure indicates just hooking up the Zed USB to my Mac and transfer the software update.....

What file is that?  The downloaded "GPZ_7000_UPDATE_IMAGE_20151009.ml3"?   That is hardly the referenced "Minelab(E:)" ----  That said, it is a 10.2 MB sized file :o.  Can I just download that file onto a flash-memory drive, and plug that into the GPZ's USB? :D

I totally respect Steve's aid in providing this information on the update, please don't misunderstand - I'm just caught in this unreal world of Mac vs PC applications and the issues thereby presented.

IF there is another Mac user out there that has successfully done this download - please respond, I certainly would appreciate it.

I'm a major MacIntosh user - Color me "stupid" with the directions posted, but the Manual Download procedure indicates just hooking up the Zed USB to my Mac and transfer the software update.....

What file is that? The downloaded "GPZ_7000_UPDATE_IMAGE_20151009.ml3"? That is hardly the referenced "Minelab(E:)" ---- That said, it is a 10.2 MB sized file :o. Can I just download that file onto a flash-memory drive, and plug that into the GPZ's USB? :D

I totally respect Steve's aid in providing this information on the update, please don't misunderstand - I'm just caught in this unreal world of Mac vs PC applications and the issues thereby presented.

IF there is another Mac user out there that has successfully done this download - please respond, I certainly would appreciate it.

iMac user here. Just upgraded mine today.

Downloaded the file from the Minelab website and dragged it onto the GPZ drive from my desktop. Piece of cake.

• Like 1

The main reason why I'm allowing the dealer to do it (I know it's an easy upgrade) is that the dealers here in Oz are having a webinar with Minelab about the update. The dealer is expecting to get more detailed info on the update than just the official pdf ......

We will see ........

Cheers

BB

When I input my username and password to log in to Xchange2, it says "authenticating..." and then "must be connected to the internet to log in"...the only thing is I AM connected...what's up with that?

Was able to score about 2grams on 2 lil nuggets in the patch today.

I noticed the threshold was slightly smoother. The sensitivity was also slightly more powerful. I picked up some small bits of deeper trash.

One thing I didn't like about the update was I had to reset the wm12, time zone, etc.... You would think with today's technology on computers, all of those presets could have been saved.

But overall pleased with the update.

• Like 1

The first thing I looked for when reading the Minelab GPZ 7000 software update brochure http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/286800/GPZ%207000%20Software%20Update%20Brochure.pdf  was to see how I could "go back".  In other words, how can I reinstall the original software (ver 1.08-57) in case I don't like the new software.   

Since I cannot find any 1.08-57 file nor instructions on such, I have decided to let my good virtual friends on the Detectorprospector.com forum report on their experience with the new software before I make the leap.

Particularly interested in buddy pairs with two Zeds run new and old software over known troublesome ground, since that is what the improvements are all about.   

• Like 1

Without a ferrite ring, how do you do the startup ... as before just walk around more quickly?

Thanks Wes, I'll try that.