GPZ7000 And The Garrett Carrot Pinpointer

I just recently purchased the Garrett Carrot Pinpointer. I really like it. The issue is the GPZ7000 does not like to be within 4 feet of it. And that is with the pinpointer off. I swing the detector with my left arm. I put the pinpointer in my finds sack on my right rear belt side. Every time I swing right I would get a signal from the pinpointer. My pick, old pinpointer, and trash in the sack, no problem. But the Garrett Carrot sets the GPZ7000 off. I really like the pinpointer, but can't carry it with me. Will have to leave it with my water and lunch and go get it when the rare times I need it.

• Like 1

The coil in the Garret pinpointer is a closed loop, even when there is no power to it. This makes it much more sensitive to the GPZ 7000 (and other detectors too, but the GPZ sees stuff at an amazing distance). The Minelab pinpointer does not have the closed loop when off, hence it plays better with the GPZ. Steve carries his in his back pack and that seems to work, belt mounts seem not to work.

• Like 1

AUAddicted, do you have the new Nokta waterproof pinpointer that is like the Garrett Carrot or the older one? I have the newer one and I haven't noticed any interference issues when its off (definitely does when it's on and too close to coil) but maybe I've just had it far enough away all the time, not sure.

It's the newest one.

I like some things, like the different sensitivity settings. But I usually can't use the highest one because it just goes off, even holding it in the air.

I also don't like that it has a larger diameter than all the other pinpointers.

I'd really like to see a comparison to the

Carrot.

OK, now y'all got me paranoid about my new titanium knee replacement, let alone my carrot (which I'm planning (now) to drop into an anti-static bag...... )