White's Wins Lawsuit Against ML

Something that may be of interest I just ran across on a Aussie nugget forum!! Sounds like Whites may be coming out soon with a new pi of their own that will compete with the rest!!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14297

• Like 1

I like the gold in their profile pictures.

Hmmm..... That is an old lawsuit about wireless data transfer between detectors. White's wanted to do it on V3 but was stopped by Minelab over patent claim. Interesting if White's won but would not cause new detector to appear. White's already has patents on new machine technology so not making sense. Sounds like rumor to me. But I love rumors!

• Like 1

The 7000 was touted to go "up to 40% deeper". I would alow a 2% handycap to Whites if they would build something to compete with ML. Thus 38%. Sorry- my brain works in funny ways, when it works at all.

The 7000 was touted to go "up to 40% deeper". I would alow a 2% handycap to Whites if they would build something to compete with ML. Thus 38%. Sorry- my brain works in funny ways, when it works at all.

Now just wait a gosh darn minute Klunker, 

you can't compare a Whites to a Minelab, the whites is all ready
 40% less than the Minelab so if ya added 38% to the Whites that 
 is only a even-stevens, so your really at the beginning.
 You would have to be or add at least a "your 38%" plus the 
 40% the Whites lacks to bring the total to 78% for the Whites 
 to equal a Minelab 40%.

I sure hope I cleared this up for you.

Ivan

Ah!! But if Whites made a competetive detector 40% less expensive, 40% lighter, 40% more reliable I would then be able to cover 120% more area horizontaly, as 3 X 40= 120% even if it only had 38% of Minelabs claimed "up to 40% increase in depth". of course we must deduct 2% from the 120% which gives us 117.6%. However, If Whites added 38% to the length of their arm strap I wouldn't have to roll up my coat sleeve in cold weather and thus I could detect up to 3% longer  which would give the Whites a 1% advantage.

• Like 2

LMAOOOOOOO :D