Rye Patch Rewards!

Paying your dues at one of America's most pounded gold bearing ground, is no joke! Thousands of acres of land to swing your coil, it's a daunting thought of where to start your hunt if you don't know the area. I put in numerous hunts with no rattle in the poke bottle. But, you start learning as you pickup a nugget or two and the puzzle pieces start to fit. My buddy Rudy and I, hit Rye Patch for a 7 day hunt, we only lasted 6 days! I don't know if it was the heat during the hunt or the beers after the hunt, but we couldn't do one more day! We both swing the GPZ, but use total different modes, you may have heard me say you can't run this machine wrong. Find what modes and setting you like and master it. We'd call each other over to listen to see if one of ours ran better than the other on whisper nugget signals. We each heard, the smallest signals we could find for each other and finally gave up the challenge of the best settings for the GPZ. The one thing in common is a very slow swing of your coil and a good pair of headphones (not the stock ones, another story). Well back to our hunt! Nuggets where biting here and there, but we couldn't land one over a penny weight, several are close. But, in our book if it's not a dwt'er its a dink nugget. Dinks are the bread and butter, but we wanted some steak & lobster nuggets. Well late afternoon on the last full day hunt, Rudy radios me to get the shovel from my truck. As I'm getting the shovel a couple of other fellow prospector's introduced theirselves to me and I lead them with me to Rudy and his deep hole. A couple of good shovel fulls of dirt and the target was out. 7.3 dwts at 16" deep on a old pounded patch...Priceless! We had a blast on our 6 day hunt and we met some new friends in the high desert search for gold. Our total Wieght was a little over 27 dwts. Did I see there is a new download for the GPZ...do I have to...lol. Until the next hunt, low and slow

LuckyLundy

post-397-0-83973400-1444970573_thumb.jpe

• Like 5

Good job guys!

• Like 1

That's a heck of a good haul for some pounded land, nice work to the both of you.

• Like 1