Re Lunk's Zed Settings

Hello all,

Peter in Australia, I have just joined the forum, so my first post.

A bit of an old post, I just came across Lunk's Zed audio settings posted, 01 April 2015. And WOW the 0.065 gram test piece I have was instantly noticeable the way it jumped out at me. http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/830-lunks-zed-settings/

I would never have thought of trying this way. Thank you Lunk. Any more up dates on these settings? Any thoughts from others using these settings?

Can't wait to get out into the field and try them out.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Peter, welcome!

The wonder and beauty of this forum is the access to all the thinkers and experimentors that use the GPZ and other detectors. I have several notes of settings from various people. My main conclusions to these settings are that they all seem to work. However, some are much easier on my ears...

my thanks to all

fred

• Like 2

Peter,

I just spent a couple of days with Lunk in Rye Patch.  He set up my Zed with his settings and we found gold.  

Much of the gold left in the pushed and hammered places in Rye Patch are less that one gram and so were these.

Lunk takes his time when he is on gold ... much more time than I took.

He'll be spending his winter in Quartzsite, Arizona but will be answering questions here on the forums.  He is a big help.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Yes Mitchel,

Lunk has been a big help to a lot of us.

I have never met him but he has helped me with some of his

imaginative and interesting (and workable), settings.

Hello all,

Peter in Australia, I have just joined the forum, so my first post.

A bit of an old post, I just came across Lunk's Zed audio settings posted, 01 April 2015. And WOW the 0.065 gram test piece I have was instantly noticeable the way it jumped out at me. http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/830-lunks-zed-settings/

I would never have thought of trying this way. Thank you Lunk. Any more up dates on these settings? Any thoughts from others using these settings?

Can't wait to get out into the field and try them out.

Cheers Peter.

Glad those settings work for you, Peter. I continue to use the same audio settings as described in my post that you referenced; the only functions that I adjust are the Gold Mode, Ground Type and Sensitivity, as and when the ground conditions dictate. Welcome aboard the forum, and I hope those Zed settings serve you in the gold fields as well as they have served me.