Last Dance With Fors Gold

After a very busy summer and fall, I had a chance to get out for a couple hours between the rain showers. Went to an old spot that I havent been to in awhile. We hit the place pretty hard before, but fors gold always finds a little more just a little deeper. Found 7 more for 2 dwts. Going to be switching to a new detector this season. So it was fun detecting with Fors Gold one last time. It was a good year and a half with the Fors. But it will have to be the backup now.

Hopefully it rains alot more. The ground is still as hard as concrete.

post-764-0-16355300-1446433454_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-51922400-1446433483_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-36254700-1446433505_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice gold.  Good luck and good hunting with the new one.

Yes I too would like to know what new detector it will be. Now if you try to take away the 5000 from your wife it will be your last dance. Waiting !!???? Haha

Chuck

Californiagold

On the Fors Gold did you find having to look on the side of the control box a problem to check settings? Even the 5000 you have to do the same thing.  Just maybe it's why you said you may wait on the Racer Gold to come out. I know myself I too would like to see what it has to offer before buying anything.

Oh well I guess time will tell us all what we want to know.

Chuck

Hey chuck. It appears the future nokta/ makro detectors are more of a better design for the settings display. But on fors gold, I never really had to change much once I set it for the conditions. If I did I just held it like I was detecting and rolled my arm up so I could see the screen then made adjustments. Only thing is I swing left handed so all the display settings are upside down while commencing this procedure. Good thing I can read upside down. Not sure yet what detector that I will be using this season. But im sure it will be a nokta/makro. Till then ill still use the fors gold.

Hey chuck. It appears the future nokta/ makro detectors are more of a better design for the settings display. But on fors gold, I never really had to change much once I set it for the conditions. If I did I just held it like I was detecting and rolled my arm up so I could see the screen then made adjustments. Only thing is I swing left handed so all the display settings are upside down while commencing this procedure. Good thing I can read upside down. Not sure yet what detector that I will be using this season. But im sure it will be a nokta/makro. Till then ill still use the fors gold.

Hello there! As a matter of fact, many customers were requesting a left-handed version of the device so we made an announcement months ago that customers can place a special order for the left-handed version. You may have missed that announcement. 

• Like 1

Chuck,

californiagold is right...the machine is wonderfully simple and once you turn it on and put in your settings you rarely need to change them or look at the side. I'm a lefty and have the right handed machine and have no troubles at all with it.

Dean