"Swimming With Gold" Gold Phishing Scam

1515Art

got this golden opportunity in my jade website, they must have looked at links from one of the prospecting forums i am a member of, anyone else getting these? I could take the GPZ to Nigeria, it's swimming with gold, seems pretty safe anyway what bad could possibly happen to an irish italian boy from California prospecting for gold in Nigeria.

Good Day,

Please i need a good reputable company interested in investing in mining of
raw gold in Nigeria. i have about 12 plots of land swimming with gold
(available for inspection anytime). if you are interested just contact me
on +(redacted phone numbers). ONLY SERIOUS INVESTOR NEEDED
thanks

When it says Nigeria I'm 'IN"!

Never had an email from a deal that went wrong from that area.

• Like 1

I get similar emails regularly. Not exactly the same, but the "we have gold or diamonds to sell" is a very standard scam set up. Loads of gullible folks get taken in and the worst thing you can do is travel to the site where they will beat you up or take you as a hostage.

Yep, its Advanced Fee Fraud.. also called a "419 scam". I get those emails almost daily. Most of them claim to be out of Ghana, Cote d Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, or Tanzania and will say something along the lines of having "500kg gold and diamonds available for export".

I've read stories of folks flying over there and getting kidnapped.. most of the time though i think it is a standard AFF fraud, where they will ask you to wire upfront payment to cover shipping, taxes, payment etc. Hard to believe folks fall for it but sadly they do. Scumbags.

• Like 1

Wait, WAIT ...  WAIT

I was just sent a very helpful memo (funny they didn't put my name on it) but nobody go anywhere until you read this:

ICPC NIGERIA (Anti-Fraud Unit)

MOTTO: We Fight Against Fraud, Funds Delay and Impersonation.
Head Office: Plot 802, Constitution Avenue
Zone A9 Central Area
P. M.B 535, Garki Abuja.

*****24HRS SERVICE *****

Dear Sir/Madam,

LETTER OF COMPENSATION/SETTLEMENT.

We hereby inform you that out of our records for the year investigation it is drawn to us that you
have been victimized by the men of underworld(Pretenders/impostors). However,the management has
been dutifully empowered by the Investigation bureau office of the President and
Commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Federal Republic of Nigeria to curb all illicit
transaction and workload of this perpetrators.

In line with the Anti-corruption crusade of the Presidency, President Gen Buhari (GCFR)you
are by this Email notification to stop any contact regarding this illegal transaction with this
Hoodlums.Out of our findings, the image of this country has been dented Internationally during the
past administration of the Federal Government of Nigeria.Presently,we have employed a strategy to
remit sanity,and vow to terminate the activity of this fraudsters,by consolidating our security
Network all over the country in view to monitor all outgoing and incoming communication to enable
us fish out and avert all illegal and suspicious transaction both domestically and internationally
respectively.

Moreover,it occur that some of our Financial Institutions(Bank) serve as a condit pipe by which
this fraudsters use to perpetrate the undo crime.We have signal all these financial institutions
to implement scrutinized investigation before carrying any transaction.Any bank found culpable of
breaching the law,must have their operational license revoke.

In accordance with the criminal and other related offense act 25 of 1999 constitution, we have
been officially compel by Senator. A. Aminu(JP), Chairman, Senate committee on Foreign Affair to
mapped out billions of Dollars from the Annual Budget to compensate all defrauded victims as part
of the ongoing National Reform Scheme of the presidency and means to radiate immunity for
criticism.

In view of this,we have been informed that you are still dealing with those hoodlums in all your
attempts to secure the release of your fund.We wish to advise you that such an illegal act has to
stop if you wish to receive your payment since we have decided to bring a solution to your
problem. Do be informed that we reserve the right at our discretion to sue you for damage on
recognition of further contact with this people.

By the strength of this development the sum of US$5.Million United States Dollars
(USD$5,000,000.00) has been SIGNED to each beneficiaries to be paid . This Memorandum is to notify
you that you will be settled with the sum of US$5.Million United States Dollars
(USD$5,000,000.00)/ your Inheritance /contract or lotto payment.

Kindly send the above information :

1. Your full name:
2. Your residential address:
3. Mobile and fax number (for regular official contact).

These above-mentioned informations will officially enable us to carry out our verification
processes and after that your compensation sum/Inheritance Funds will be approved in your name and
Electronically wired into your designated Bank account or by ATM Card delivery to your doorstep.,
depending on which mode of payment you prefer.

You are to contact this office upon receipt of this notification immediately to proceed for payment.

Vision:
To fight corruption to a standstill and restore Nigeria to the enviable standard of respectability
and dignity of the nations.

Please do respond back to us with this email. ( email address removed because I can't trust you guys to jump my deal)

Best Regard,

I just wanted to show you guys how 'connected' I am over there.  I'm not going to tell any of you who sent this to me until I get my money first.  Then I'll share the contact.

This may take a while ... but trust me ... it is REAL.

• Like 1