Snow On My Roof This Morning

Your season in Reno mirrors my detecting season here in Australia except our weather this time of year is HOT rather than cold. So Steve and Chris you guys are detecting the same months of the year as I am. :D  However in hot weather you can always cool off or just go detecting during the cooler parts of the day, whereas when the grounds frozen or its snowing hard a roaring fire and good company is the preferred hangout for detectorists.

JP 

Chris it freezes where I detect also and yes I have dug my share of frozen ground.

Just to let you in on a little secret you can detect nuggets that are frozen deeper than not.

I found this out on a patch that i worked for years. Then on one trip in the winter it got down in the teens.My partner and I both pulled a mess of gold out of that ground that we had been over before and the nuggets were deeper than any we had dug. I believe the nuggets become denser when they are frozen just like steel.

Put some in your freezer and do some testing you might be surprized!

Root

• Like 1

That's awesome looking area Scott.

It snowed here in AZ yesterday in the mountains too but nothing real like that. Tis' the season for detecting! 50 degrees and overcast is my ideal prospecting day.

Couple of pictures of the general area where many of us on the forum here locally go detecting. From the recent storm a couple days ago.

My well is not dry yet and the golf courses around here are still green so I was going to be selfish and hope for more warm dry weather. But judging from the looks of those pictures I think I'm screwed. And I was just beginning to learn some of that country. Thanks for posting that Scott. 

strick