Video - Inside Minelab Engineering

I guess different strokes for different folks. I have well over 500 hours on my GPZ and passed the 10K mark in gold found with it long ago. I just don't have all the problems all you guys seem to have with it but again, that's just me.

I have to agree. I don't even mind the weight of the coil because it performs so well. As far as I'm concerned ML can even make it heavier if it finds more/ deeper gold.

The less people that want to own one... all the better for those of us who do.

• Like 2

Good points Steve. Maybe I just need to use one more. Maybe Im old fashion in wishing it was in a metal case. Or might be that I just have a hard time with spending that kind of money on a detector that I know is not going to be Bullet proof in my hands.

I also know that most of the gold I found with the borrowed 7000 I would of found with a 5000

The 7000 did shine on the deeper chicken feed pieces. I was surprised how deep some were.

Also to pay it off I have to take into consideration that only the gold the 5000 doesn't get is helping me towards that goal.

Thanks for your opinion,Root

• Like 1

...that would be the coolest place to work if you wanted to do a little experimenting with your metal detector, want a tiny coil for your gpz, like a special pin pointer... you could just build one. only problem is i'd probably just want to be out hunting all the time looking for giant Aussie nuggets and getting lost in the outback, sure be fun.

That is a first rate place and its not very likely someone is gonna out "R n D" em from their garage in some little town. Pretty cool look inside the shrine, thanks for the video.

Steve your not the Lone Ranger, I`ve probably got only 1/3rd of your hours up, I agree totally The GPZ is brilliant for the reasons you point out, other than its "ancient" GPS I love it, it does exactly what ML says. Makes wealth for us as they always have with each machine. But I`m not loathe to give ML wraps, and don`t understand why you are. If people don`t believe your reviews or comments that is their problem.

Go steady having that coil right on the ground , that knocking on ground is what buggers up coils, makes them noisy and always has. The gain is only while the coil is new and diminishes pretty quickly as it ages and loosens up internally. My take of course.

• Like 1

LOL Nice set up

Reminds me of Bentley and Aston Martin work shops

I think I would Rather have/Buy the Black One Without the Design Faults, When 500 miles out in the Bush where Reliability it King. and being 6 Times Cheaper, and better Built,

10000 for 500 hours that is only $20.00 per hour. I don't think I would like to work for 500 hours just to break even

But on the other hand Anyone of those Nuggets could of been a Life Changer as with any machine, As we All Know Getting the coil over the Gold is the Hard part, The Gold Doesn't Care which Detector finds It.

• Like 1

Steve If people don`t believe your reviews or comments that is their problem.

I have been in the detecting game longer than most and if there is one thing I can say about Steve H is he tells it like he sees it.

This is important to those of us that buy detectors often. I have read everything I could get my hands on that he has wrote and I have learned from it.

Just because someone has a difference of opinion this doesn't mean that we don't believe his reveiws or comments.

Quite the opposite for me it gives me a different way to look at it and I thank him for that.

I bet you would have to look long and hard to find someone that doesn't agree with me.

Root

• Like 1

Well John, first off I said passed 10K a long time ago. In suspect you are pretty far in the hole with your detector purchases versus whatever gold nuggets you have ever found. In fact, I bet I have found more gold nuggets metal detecting in the last two weeks than you have in your life. So pardon me if your opinion is not holding much weight with me as of late.

• Like 1

I would not say in the past 2 weeks but you have made some huge finds in the last 15-20 years and some of those are Quite remarkable,

As for me at the moment my prospecting has been put on hold, At Great Loss and I have little or no interest In going out there at present,

Also my family use to Own a sizeable Alluvial mining set up in OZ back in the 1990s but that's another story to be posted elsewhere.