Video - Inside Minelab Engineering

Its a very good video and of course its more a PR video than anything and it does show you 'the most technologically advanced metal detectors on the market' and no question about it they are in the top tier detector makers,but even Minelab can make 'White Elephants' as well including some of the current Minelab machine they being the 'Go Find' range.

Which still come under the Minelab brand name and not sure if they are made in house or what ever,but the reception for the lower end 'Go Find' range has been a total disaster for them as everytone who has bought them in the UK has offloaded them within a very short time duration at a massive loss.So although the YouTube video tries to portray they are the best they can also produce some sub standard detectors as well.

Please note i am not knocking the Minelab brand but just highlighting a few facts,the GPX is one of my next machines but not for gold nugget hunting but for deeper hoard hunting,as these machines are superb for that.

• Like 2

Its a very good video and of course its more a PR video than anything and it does show you 'the most technologically advanced metal detectors on the market' and no question about it they are in the top tier detector makers,but even Minelab can make 'White Elephants' as well including some of the current Minelab machine they being the 'Go Find' range.

Which still come under the Minelab brand name and not sure if they are made in house or what ever,but the reception for the lower end 'Go Find' range has been a total disaster for them as everytone who has bought them in the UK has offloaded them within a very short time duration at a massive loss.So although the YouTube video tries to portray they are the best they can also produce some sub standard detectors as well.

Please note i am not knocking the Minelab brand but just highlighting a few facts,the GPX is one of my next machines but not for gold nugget hunting but for deeper hoard hunting,as these machines are superb for that.

That's why I bought the Pro, my GP was murder to use over here, In fact because of the junk in the sites Those times were the worst times I ever spent detecting, Your Deus would be a far better option and In such sites the TDIs are the only PI's I would use, and if I was searching for deep stuff I would Break out the MXT with a big Coil or a machine like your Deus with a big coil Unless the ground was Hot.

Root,

Totally agree, Steve`s reviews are top notch. Last detector I purchased is a Deus, for coins, Steve`s review got me looking at it. Like the 7000 the Deus is brilliant for the job it is made for, and I thank Steve for the Deus review or I would have never found out what a great detector it is.

Now he`ll need a new hat, old one won`t fit. 

• Like 2

The problem there is adults using a machine clearly marketed for children. What were they thinking?

post-1-0-36976900-1447190673_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes the GPZ finds the Gold and it does what it was meant to do anything else is just Gravy and any of the things mentioned can be sorted, It is the Gold that is the important part and nothing else can touch it in that respect, some things are Annoying but not as Annoying as finding No Gold, Which the GPZ seems to do on a regular bases,

Don't know about the UK but the Go-Find in Australia has been marketed as a low cost, low end, easy to use compact VLF & seems to be aimed more at kids, like Steve mentioned, or newcomers & holiday hobbyists. Definitely not portrayed as a high end must have & I can't see how you'd buy one with serious detecting in mind? Also they are that cheap any losses would hardly be massive.

A few owners here have said they are happy with the Go-find for the low price as they rarely do park/beach detecting it's a cheap way of having something in the car if on holidays etc. & an opportunity to do some detecting comes up? Certainly no etrac or CTX but for the price who is expecting that?

• Like 1

Don't know about the UK but the Go-Find in Australia has been marketed as a low cost, low end, easy to use compact VLF & seems to be aimed more at kids, like Steve mentioned, or newcomers & holiday hobbyists. Definitely not portrayed as a high end must have & I can't see how you'd buy one with serious detecting in mind? Also they are that cheap any losses would hardly be massive.

A few owners here have said they are happy with the Go-find for the low price as they rarely do park/beach detecting it's a cheap way of having something in the car if on holidays etc. & an opportunity to do some detecting comes up? Certainly no etrac or CTX but for the price who is expecting that?

Yes Matt that was the impression I was under too, More of a way to get kids involved in Dads Hobby and give him some peace and quiet while he is detecting than anything else, But If I am honest I would still like to have a play with one, Ooops I meant field test one just the same,  lol

Having a young one way back we need machines like the GO series to keep the kids interested, and that is one part of the market that has been neglected over the years.