Warranty Service On The GPZ

nvchris

Starting the process today.

The GPZ has lost about 10% of the screen pixels manifested in vertical lines, along with going totally blank a few times. So off it goes to the Windy City for repair.

Questions for those thats have returned a unit,

How long did it take?

Did you return everything or just the control module?

Not sure I can handle more then a few days separation :)

I had the same issue and minelab had me send everything. I boxed it up like new shipping and insurance were about $150 or so and minelab sent me a new replacement 7000 in about 5 days total turnaround.

My CTX went back about a year ago - GPS never worked from the day I got it. I sent the whole thing, had it back in less than ten days. I called prior to sending to confirm what I should do and how long it would take, etc. and I recommend you do the same. They contacted me even they received it and let me know when it was on the way back. Couldn't ask for better service, hope you get the same!

Always had great service, even during the early days when Bud M was holding the solder iron.

RMA in hand and whats news to me is the repair facility location, 

Minelab West

Attn: Brian Lewis

4960 S. Gilbert Road

Suite 1-134

Chandler, AZ  85249

630-401-8172

Im just a cheapskate and want to save ever cent I can in shipping.  :)
  • Like 2

I am probably wrong but I thought I read where all Minelab repairs are now done by this Minelab West location or Kellyco. My GPX 4500 needs a minor repair but I have been afraid to send it in due to some of the horror stories from past years. I may let the dust settle, so I will be interested to learn of Chris's outcome.

• Like 1

I believe about half of the 7000s from tis area have had to be returned (maybe only 40%) but the turnaroundt times were very good and I heard no complints about Minelab service.

This reminds me of the 4000. They knew darned well that they had a problem with the push button power switch and ribbon cable but continued to sell them that way for a long time. If there is a bad batch of 7000s with a screen fault and there is an upgrade in a later model I wish they would let us know and I would try to get the faulty one replaced in the off season.

Then I would think very highly of Minelab customer support.

• Like 3

The backlight on my screen has been dead for 3 months. I have not sent it back yet because October thru mid December are my prime hunting months, and if I hold it just right I can make out enough of the screen to make any changes I might feel like making. I'm interested to see how long it takes Chris.

We need to meet up sometime in the next month or so for a hunt before the first good snow storm ruins it.