Warranty Service On The GPZ

nvchris

If they are repairing 40% of the ZEDS they are too busy to answer the phone. LOL

Norm

• Like 3

Chris,

I sent my GPX to that address a few years back. With the same problem your having! No confirmation that they even received my detector and no phone call for a couple weeks, finally called Chicago and they couldn't contact this guy. I finally sent my Brother there to check it out and it was one of them places that rent mail boxes...kind of shady! He finally contacted me, after I was raising hell with Chicago that my detector was being sent back to me that day. I gave him and ear full and a bad review to Chicago...but he still has the contract...lol. Surprised Minelab, hasn't sent you a new detector out. Seen less problems with the GPZ and new unit was sent out pronto. Good luck

Rick

Not a good start. A call to Chicago raising concerns may be in order. You should not have to wait for call back on a 10K detector. In this day and age same day response should be the norm or perhaps next business day at minimum.

I was a service manager for a couple years and I found people were very forgiving of just about anything as long as I kept them informed in a timely fashion. It is all about communications, something companies give lip service to but few manage to do well.

• Like 2

I know you have a separate thread for issues with Minelab Steve,

but this is such a flawed way to run a business; lack of communication with your customers.

And it can easily be changed, it just takes some care.

• Like 2

What I discovered in service was that I could turn my worst customers into my best. The people who had products that had major issues. You guys ain't seen nothing. Try dealing with people when their brand new $18,000 snowmobile engine blows up in the middle of nowhere Alaska or the motor on their $200,000 boat craps out. Boats in particular are just horrible, every brand new fiberglass boat made is just rife with warranty issues. In any case these people would come in screaming and threatening legal action.

I did not just take care of them I did countless things that went above and beyond to make sure they got their problems fixed. More often than not those people with the worst problems became not only some of our best customers going forward, but some helped out as extra sales staff at shows. The secret is no secret at all. Under promise and over deliver and most of all - communicate, communicate, communicate!

• Like 4

I received a call from the head of customer service today. 

This proves that ML is keenly aware of the power of social media and this forum's reach.

Was not able to take it as I was driving. 

So perhaps I can find out tomorrow after a round of phone tag if the unit was received, I'm 99% sure its just that ML West has authorized the mail carrier to sign for deliveries.

IMHO the USPS should refund the signature confirmation fee since they did not fulfill our "contract".

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions!

• Like 1

Well,  at least the head of ML customer service is doing the job. Thank you for trying!

Was told by the Chicago office that ML West would call today with news... no call, no write no nada!

Ive added up what I've personally spent on ML products just in the last few years. No wonder Im broke   :)

GP 3000

Quattro

Excalibur

2 Eureka Gold

xTerra 70

2 GP4500

2 GPX 5000

CTX 3030 with 3 coils

SDC 2300

GPZ 7000 

• Like 1