GPZ 7000 Control/Audio Problems

Bada Bing

G'day All

This has happened five times now. While detecting in normal/general I will switch to difficult mode and then get an audio blank - no sound, nada, niets......

There is always the short audio blank with the change of mode but this one just kills the audio all together....... I have to restart the Zed to get my audio back (audio thru wireless module not headphones).

It does beep to confirm that it has changed modes, then deathly silence.

Anybody else had this problem?

Cheers

BB

Haven't had a problem at all running the two. This started happening in the last month. I'm out again this week so I will see how it goes. My touchscreen seems to have an increased lag (not much but noticable) which is why I am thinking GPZ software control is the primary problem......

Running two modules is great, gives more complete sound feel with one on each shoulder. Much better if windy, but need to find a sweet spot so you do not blow your ears out going over rubbish.

• Like 1

Now I think of it yes It started after the update - didnt think about that .. nice pick up.

The 2 modules are great, gotta have a backup. Being 100 km's out of Meekatharra and your module goes down, not cool. I'm not a headphones bloke.

Cheers

BB

I am going to refer this thread to Minelab. Bugs are always possible when software changes occur, and for obscure uses like dual wireless modules can get missed in testing. There is one way to test this, but it would be a hassle for you. You would have to reinstall the original firmware version and give it a go and see if problem repeats. If not that likely would be the issue, and if upon reinstalling the latest version of the firmware the problem occurred again, then that would pretty much nail it. And if that were the case I can almost guarantee it would get looked at by Minelab as bug and fixed in a future update. All still a bit of conjecture here but certainly a possibility.

• Like 1