Makro Gold Racer 56 kHz - Coming Soon!

Hey Paul, would not a Big Foot or Cleansweep type coil be a great thing for Makro/Nokta to make in order to give people even more reasons to consider their machines? I think exploiting all these neglected niche items is the perfect way for a new (to us) company to make inroads.

Color me frustrated, Gold Racer in hand and wanting to prove its jewelry hunting capability, and temps hovering around freezing right now.

I would like also to see dual ID Filters (discrimination controls). The one we have right now, that turns the disc level up from the bottom. But I want another one that turns the disc down from the top. The first thing this would allow is elimination of ferrous items and hot rocks that wrap around and read as extreme high non-ferrous item, usually high 90s. Better yet though a person could selectively turn downwards on the upper end and upwards on the lower end to chose which "gold region" targets to focus on. Kind of a notch window system but done simply with two variable controls. For me the area above ferrous and below zinc penny is a sweet spot, and above ferrous but below nickel for cherry picking.

Something to never forget on the Makro and Racer detectors is the ID Filter comes preset at 10, which by their scale is the top end of the ground reading range. For really gung ho detecting in low mineral ground, specifically white sand or other very low mineral areas, dropping into the range below 10 has possibilities I need to explore more. High gain, low iSAT, and low ID Filter settings are extreme hard core detectorist playthings available on the Gold Racer.

• Like 2

Guest Paul (Ca)

Hello Steve,

Man never though about a big foot or cleansweep coil but it does make sense. Think you just planted a seed, Notka/Makro are the ones to get it done that's for sure!

Ok Steve, you just planted a few more seeds with maybe tweaking some changes with the dual ID filters so maybe I need to wait for the next upgraded Gold Racer :)

Also, Appreciate you and some of the others positive outlook with the hobby. Things are looking great for us, And thanks to Makro/Notka and one or two other companies pushing the envelope with great products.

Hey Fred, I'm from the San Joaquin valley between both mountain ranges. Weather is great here we're running around in tee shirts :)

Take care gang!

Paul

Guest Paul (Ca)

Steve,

Wanted to share some info with your idea of second ID filter running from top going down, great idea that would be great for most conditions in areas of ferrous.

The only area I see this as an issue would be those ferrous areas with high conductive, today's high tech fast processing machines tend to ID higher or in most cases all over the screen under tough conditions. I have pulled seated coins reading high 90's up in iron range in areas with both mineralized soil and lot's of ferrous.....the only draw back with a second ID filter working top going down is the user may Disc out a high conductive find coming in as iron.

Still, I see a need for this great idea of yours. Maybe on the next model?

Paul

Certainly can be down with lots of digital machines like my V3i, but I like the simplicity of it. It can be used to hunt certain coin ranges, or just left off if extreme high coin readings are an issue. Lots of machines do have presets blocking that area however just for the reason I mention, hot rock and ferrous id wrap.