My White's Sierra Pulse Pro (white's Spp)

Congrats, thats an impressive Haul, which model TDI have you Got ?

The big black box TDI not the pro, modded of course and a 14" razorback mono.  I used to adjust the pulse delay up to calm it over black sand but after getting tips from a few French lads I run it flat out now with GB off and select switch in low. The select switch in low makes a big difference with GB off, something I think even Reg has only found out lately.

• Like 3

The big black box TDI not the pro, modded of course and a 14" razorback mono.  I used to adjust the pulse delay up to calm it over black sand but after getting tips from a few French lads I run it flat out now with GB off and select switch in low. The select switch in low makes a big difference with GB off, something I think even Reg has only found out lately.

Yeah on the Beach that seems the best way to run then, When you say the 14" Razorback are you talking about the open web model or the Solid Round Coils or the 14" elliptical coil ?

John

Yeah on the Beach that seems the best way to run then, When you say the 14" Razorback are you talking about the open web model or the Solid Round Coils or the 14" elliptical coil ?

John

The 14" round open. A bitch to pinpoint but it goes deep, I have dug a Victorian penny at 22". It is sensitive to the smaller bits as well, I have being digging tons of .22 shell casings at reasonable depths, something I never dug many off with the Sovereign. I would love to try an anti interference coil on the TDI on the beach, hopefully someone will come up with one for the especially for a TDI.

• Like 1

The 14" round open. A bitch to pinpoint but it goes deep, I have dug a Victorian penny at 22". It is sensitive to the smaller bits as well, I have being digging tons of .22 shell casings at reasonable depths, something I never dug many off with the Sovereign. I would love to try an anti interference coil on the TDI on the beach, hopefully someone will come up with one for the especially for a TDI.

Funny you should say that Because Regtons had one, I think it was either a 11" or a 15" AI Coiltek for a GP/X I was going to buy it but you will loose depth with the AI models so I decided that it was not worth the trouble,

I am thinking about buying the MJ 14" solid coil because it would be better to work stubble fields than the open coils, I know the open 12" coils are a bugger on the MXT in Stubble,

John

Fabulous finds Ringmoney, thanks for posting! As far as I know the TDI Big Box is as close as you can get to a Deepstar for beach detecting. The problem with the Deepstars is they are almost impossible to get, and they are getting old enough servicing batteries, etc. is an issue. I think the TDI is a much better option for that reason. If I lived closer to the coast I would get another TDI for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This sentence resonates with me and still stands with current PI detectors where you can disable the ground balance in milder soils.

Something many people do not understand is that by adding a ground balancing circuit to a PI some depth is lost in an absolute sense, and this is very easily illustrated with the TDI/SPP models in air tests by just turning the ground balance off. The machine gains quite a bit of extra punch, and a nice thing about the White's GBPI models is they have this ability to be run in pure PI mode in low mineral ground. In particular this makes the original TDI and TDI Pro models some of the best beach PI detectors you can get your hands on.

• Like 1