XP DEUS Goes High Frequency?

Steve Herschbach

On 12/5/2015 at 11:00 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

This is very unscientific but since I have the ear of our friends over the pond, I have a question. Just in terms of general observation at rally's and hunts involving knowledgeable users, what detectors are finding the most favor these days?

By a massive margin it is without doubt the Deus and then the 2nd most popular detector would be the CTX3030,but the Deus would be used the most,both models the full setup and the Lite version are very popular infact if you strolled onto a field every machine i bet that you could see would be the Deus its that popular.

Speaking of the XP Deus, here is a quick story:  This morning I was asked to do a hunt for a lost car key because to replace it would be over $400.  After a short search with my Deus I found the key in a 2 foot snowdrift.  The elderly woman who lost the key was very happy but I'm even happier as she gave me permission to detect around her 1890 Victorian house whenever I want.  May have to wait until Spring though as the snow is slow to melt here in the mountains (8,600' to be exact) :)

• Like 2

Have no problems with the Deus`s GB in the OZ goldfields I prospect, (noisy vlf), although the GPZ is THE gold machine of my choice. The Deus pinpointer is of interest, have you XPUK any knowledge of this.

Ireland is slightly different as we just don't have the amount of iron infestation because the Roman's never populated here, also we have a lot less arable farming so the FBS machines are still top dogs with the Deus and AT equal second.

What's the difference between the Deus and the CTX 3030 apart from the obvious (weight)? It's probably a dumb question but the coin and relic world is an open book to me so who better to ask dumb questions than experienced passionate people who hang out on this forum. OK that compliment was a bribe so I don't get too hammered on a dumb newby question :blush:.

I presume the Deus has a faster recovery when a target is hit to allow non ferrous objects close to ferrous objects to stand out, would that be correct.

JP

On 12/5/2015 at 0:40 PM, Jonathan Porter said:

What's the difference between the Deus and the CTX 3030 apart from the obvious (weight)? It's probably a dumb question but the coin and relic world is an open book to me so who better to ask dumb questions than experienced passionate people who hang out on this forum. OK that compliment was a bribe so I don't get too hammered on a dumb newby question :blush:.

I presume the Deus has a faster recovery when a target is hit to allow non ferrous objects close to ferrous objects to stand out, would that be correct.

JP

Steve's post on European detectors is a must read in this regard. Its the ability of the Deus to unmask targets in iron infestation is what makes it stand out over the CTX for relic hunting.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2015 at 0:41 PM, Rick Kempf said:

Ring M

I tried your suggestion on the TDI of having the selector in Low with the GB off. Major depth increase over GB on and nice and stable on level ground. Look forward to trying it next time I'm at a beach! Thanks.

I cant take credit for this one, it was one of the French beach lads that passed this on to me and I just shared it here, it is a lot quieter I must say. Another tip he gave me was to rotate the frequency completely anti clockwise but I have not found any advantage to that one.