First Video Of Season 2015

Yeah, I think there is some diffs in nationalities attitudes although I`ve not noticed much between us and you folks( other than Fords), but recall once run into a German prospector, invited him back to camp for a drink.. He noticed we had dug down into the dry river bed sand for our water supply. He considered we were taking a big risk drinking that water (it was crystal clean, sweet), he considered it was probably full of mercury. I didn`t have the heart to tell him the water he was using at the caravan park he was camped in come from downstream about 10 miles from our soak. I think he was mirroring the more environmental awareness attitude of European folks.

Relichunter...... the pandas aren`t much of a worry, but you gotta keep your eye on the drop bears.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Sorry for the belated response, I have been out detecting for the last 5 weeks.

Tremain is an experienced reptile, bird of prey, arachnid keeper/handler/catcher in fact he is one of Australia's best dangerous snake and spider handlers.

He used to work in the field for austoxin serum laboratory and in various zoo's and has been the go to dangerous reptile handler for a few of the most famous docco guys.

The area we were working in has a low snake density, we would be lucky to see 1 dangerous snake per week and they are usually near a water source, and we are usually operating in the dry hills.

And is very hot so we wear shorts.

We ALWAYS have a snake bandage and satellite phone in our day packs.

We have filmed a few encounters with various dangerous reptiles and will incorporate them into future vids.

Some areas have a much higher dangerous snake density and other precautions must be taken.

Sometimes we prospect a coastal area where it is not unusual to see 5 or more brown snakes per day! 

Thanks for the comments Guys Goldhounds appreciate them.

• Like 1