Fors Gold Plus Maiden Voyage

Hello,

I received my test Fors gold plus from Dilek on friday. So had a couple hours saturday to

Try it out. Unfortunately didnt find any color on Saturday. But had a few hours on sunday to redeem my self at a different location. Beings I have tested the last Fors gold last year, I was quite familar with the controls. This new plus fors was really aimed at an attack at the gold bug pro. After a few hours with my new friend, I found out this unit kicks gb pros butt. I ran a gb pro for few years, so I could definitely tell the difference. The new fors plus is similar to original fors, but at 19 khz , it seems to excel. I tried the concentric coil out at a part of the diggings that is pretty mellow ground and snagged a couple microscopic pieces. They hit hard and the target volume wasnt a whisper. I was very impressed. Next I ran the 10" x 5.5 dd coil in the hot mineralization It performed very well. I still run my sens. Up at 80-85. It is a little chirpy on certain hot spots, but otherwise performed flawless. This new coil seems to hit hotter and louder on targets then the last fors gold spiral coil. Even at the edge of the detection field. I did get a chance to try out the isat setting. It seemed the best setting was default 3. For where I was detecting. All in all the new Fors plus is still built very well and balanced great. Fors gold plus and I will have another great year testing. So far 12.2 dwt is a good start. 12.2 dwt total. Bigger piece 10.1 dwt.

post-764-0-66883800-1448245586_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-35115200-1448245619_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-99562100-1448245635_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-46802300-1448245652_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nice Shooting!

Wow, toss the GPZ! You got more gold in a day that I got my last week of detecting this season. I went out with a whimper. Good work.

I have only minimal time on the Gold+ but it seemed a bit more refined as a gold machine than the original. Nothing dramatic because the original was already very good, but an improvement nonetheless.

Just curious what them gnarly evil looking stunted trees are?  I found some similar to those where the rest of the trees were 100 foot tall elms. I was told extreme mineralization can stunt trees? I might need to go back there someday and do some digging  in the gulley beside the stunted trees.

californiagold

It's good to see and hear how well the Gold Plus is doing. The person behind it all knowing about his machine goes a long way. What I don't understand is why all the Gold Plus is not getting pass the west coast.HaHa

The best to you california and keep on reporting the yellow metal you find.

Chuck Anders

PS You anywhere near Merced? From 61 to 64 I was station at Castle AFB and went up and down the 49ers trail looking for gold. If I don't remember anything else it will be that.

Great looking nuggs Californiagold! I hope to be down your way later this week to try mine out.

Thanks for the comments. Tv-no trees just bushes that are commonly found around gold areas. Damn things will grow in about any soil or climate. In alot of places they will give up the indication of shallow bedrock. And possibly a gold area. The old miners washed away alot of surface layers in places and alot of different trees wont grow there no more. But manzanita does not mind taking its place. In alot of areas they bulldoz the brush, then it comes right back again. I swear you cant kill the stuff.

Chuck , no I live up north.

Steve, thanks but I just had some good luck. And a good detector. There is hundreds of old gold diggings around, but most of the good stuff has been cleaned out thru the years. Some by me and the rest by detectorist that tresspass,or claim jump claims. Here locally( they know who they are) instead of getting legal permission as I do.

But once in awhile you hit a good spot. I think you have found alot of good gold in recent times. Where here it is mostly little stuff left. With an occassional nice piece.

Hope you have some good luck next time out

Here is a chart - more details at http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/nokta-fors-gold-plus-metal-detector.htm

FORS Gold at 15 khz and with three tone "coin mode" is more multi-purpose in intent, the FORS Gold+ at 19 kHz and modes tweaked for nugget hunting is more gold specific although relic hunters will also like it.

Internet pricing FORS Gold $595 and FORS Gold+ $679(includes two coils)

post-1-0-31360300-1448336516_thumb.jpg

• Like 2