Ray Mills (TrinityAU) Review Of Makro Gold Racer

Wow, no need for me to post anything Ray - you have been killing it with the Gold Racer! Great post, great results, great photos! And no worries on photos, l like them big and the forum handles them well. I have plenty of bandwidth.

Specifications and Details on the Makro Gold Racer

and Detailed Review Of Makro Gold Racer By Steve Herschbach

Great job Ray. Thank you.

• So which is the one to get, the Fors Gold  Plus or the Macro Gold Racer? prices? Be nice if you could run them both side by side...

thats a good question.

I will try to answer that question in future posts in the next few days. Suffice it to say that even with detectors in hand trying to get a clear winner when faced with a pile of 14 - 19 kHz detectors can be an exercise in frustration. Luckily the Gold Racer at 56 kHz is an easier call.

Just remember - there are always trade-offs when designing metal detectors. It is not just a matter of saying "this one is best" and tossing the rest. I really, really wish it were that easy. It comes down to what you want the machine to do most and what you are willing to give up to get that.

• Like 1

oh and great post and pics ray. thanks for sharing

I can tell you this right now. If you are trying to detect the smallest gold no VLF running under 40 kHz is as hot as the Gold Racer. The question is more like, which would you rather have, a Gold Bug 2, a GMT, or a Gold Racer? Until we find out what it sells for however a critical part of the question cannot be answered.