Finally......Scored Me A New GoldStrike

Guest Paul (Ca)

Gambler,

Back in the Butterfield Stage days, Butterfield had a contract hauling ducks (fresh killed) from that area to San Francisco. Los Banos wasn't there back in 1858-1862 durning the Butterfield Stage days, but some people did live in that area back in those days.

I Detect near that area, sometimes that is. Allot of history in that area, Henry Miller and other famous people accomplished allot here.

Tak care,

Paul

oneil is a bit away, and mostly dry now. I wasn't aware of the history there. But there are ducks there, for sure.

Gambler,

Back in the Butterfield Stage days, Butterfield had a contract hauling ducks (fresh killed) from that area to San Francisco. Los Banos wasn't there back in 1858-1862 durning the Butterfield Stage days, but some people did live in that area back in those days.

I Detect near that area, sometimes that is. Allot of history in that area, Henry Miller and other famous people accomplished allot here.

Tak care,

Paul

by the way, detect there for gold or relics?

World record striper came from there (Oneil forebay) too!

if you drive by san luis now it looks like a puddle

Guest Paul (Ca)

Hello Gambler,

I Detect for relics, I'll be passing through San Luis this weekend up Pacheco Pass. If all goes well, then one day up in Gold country another day.

Would like to detect for nuggets someday, but somehow always tend to sway for relics instead. One of these days, will detect for nuggets :)

HH, Paul

Hey Mike and others,

I must say, one of my good friends and very successful nuggetshooter loved the Fisher Goldstrike!  For shallow areas (mostly bedrock hunting and areas with only a few inches of overburden) it worked great.  He loved the 2-tone response on signals and had it dialed in to where he would know if the targets was iron or gold.  I never used the Fisher Goldstrike much, but seen him find hundreds of shallow nuggets using this technique that "was or wasn't unique" to this unit.  

Congrats on finding a Goldstrike and wishing you much success with it!