Need Detectors Information From Ecuador

Hi, i'am new in this forum, i have some questions for steve  Herschbach       

First, sorry for my poor english, but i'am a froggy French, and you know Frenchies are very bad for english   ;)  ....

I sent this from Ecuador, town of PUYO, between Llanganati Mountain and Amazonic Forest..

I want to go prespecting here for native Gold, here isn't any treasur nor coin and jewelry or militaria to find, just gold, a lot of river contains gold all around Llanganati Mountain, but the soil is mineralised due to the volcanos (here they are everywhere) and contains lot of black ferous stone.. So i'am looking for a PI detector. I spent lot of time in many forums to take all the informations i could found, in fine i saw 3 detectors that can be good for my purpose, i juste want steve to tell me if my conclusions are good or not and help me to make my choice.

The 3 detectors i'am looking for are : Minelab SDC 2300 - GARRETT ATX - Minelab GPX 5000

The problem is that here in Ecuador the prices are more expensive than in USA :

Minelab SDC 2300 cost 4000$ - GARRETT ATX cost 4000$  - Minelab GPX 5000 cost 6900$.

The conclusions of my search in forums is that :

- SDC 2300 is good for very small and small Nuggets and quiet good for Medium Nuggets.

- ATX and GPX 5000 are quiet good for small Nuggets and good for Medium and large Nuggets.

The ATX seem to have the same capabilities than the GPX5000 for less money and it is waterproof like the sdc2300 (here we have lot of hard rain and i want to prospect in and around rivers).

So i think the ATX seem to be my favorite but i can't make a choice anyway between ATX and SDC. SDC seem to be very resistant for prospecting in mountain in case of fall and chocks and more easy to use for somebody without lot of detector experience like me... GPX seem to be the more powerful but it cost 3000$ more, and i don't know if it is very resistant to the rain and if i can put the coil in the water to prospect the bank of the rivers.

So my questions are :

- SDC can really be good for other kind of Nuggets than very small one's ?

- ATX really more complete than SDC2300 for all kind of Nuggets and what about very small Nuggets ?

- GPX5000 remain the best overall and it's better to pay 3000$ more to have this one ?

What do you think about that and what could be your advise for helping me to make a choice between those detectors ??

Or Maybe you know an other detector better than those 3 for my purpose ??

Thank you very much for your response

Franck RACINE

Start with SDC. For rainforest you need compact and relative lightweight machine witch ATX isn't good enough. But you can choose some more sizes of coils for ATX. This is hard choice. But in my opinion start with SDC.

In that price range I think Minelab has a deal going until the end of December. A GPX 4500 and a SDC 2300 both for $3999.00. Lots of coils available for the 4500.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1421-minelab-bundles-gpx-4500-and-sdc-2300

Welcome to the forum Franck,

Based on the information in your post I would have to second Shelton's recommendation and go with the SDC 2300. It is one of the most powerful yet easy to operate prospecting metal detectors on the market, compact, and nearly indestructible. It's only weakness might be for larger nuggets deeper down but the reality of gold detecting is most gold nuggets are small in size. If there is gold to be found the SDC is the machine people can count on, when other machines are unable to produce.

The deal mentioned in the last post might be an option, but it may not be available in your area, and the price is probably higher.

yes it's right, but the problem is that now the best part of ancien spanish places are under new towns... and for other part the rest of spanish or native culture places are in dangerous locations, native don't let you prospect in their property, if you pass anyway, they kill you, this have occured several times !!! others places are dangerous because of the poverty of the peoples... if they see a "Gringo" with a detectors they still you.... so the only way is to go where there is nobody, in the mountain, and it's where you have more chance to discover something...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, reelseaman said:

Hey Frank, are you still in Ecuador. I'm moving down in the next few months.

Teddy 

I hope he is still alive and kicking!!!!i lived in French Guyana in 95/96 and it was a dangerous place ..

RR