YES! I Created A Monster!

I have a great nephew named Colton. His parents are city folks, but hes 100% country boy. Hes 5 now. This summer, he was at our house, and I had planted coins on our property. I asked him if he wanted to treasure hunt..he said yes, so grabbed an old Tesoro and a pinpointer, and we dug till dark! Next time over, same thing, but this time he wanted to try an area I did not plant...and I discovered I had some history in my backyard...dug some Henry shells, rivets, horseshoes, etc. Well, I guess all he talks about now is "Treasure hunting" ! So his parents bought him a detector for Christmas (assume a bounty hunter) and I got him a digger, pinpointer and cool camo backpack. Theres hope for the future! Heres my favorite pic of him...he was about 3...watering my sons tires,lol. If pic is out of line Steve, I apologize, and please delete. Ray

post-70-0-86620900-1450053440.jpg

• Like 6

They are coming over on Christmas day, I will make sure to plant some toy cars, change, and probably hit the tot lot at the school. Next spring, time to hike down to the creek, teach him to fish and pan.

• Like 1

You will have to hook him up at Easter time with a little Easter egg / Hot wheels buried matchbox car hunt when the time comes..

• Like 1

Nice Work Ray! I'm sure Colton has been driving his parents nuts about getting a metal detector. I took one of my clients out a couple months back and when I went to drop him off at his house his 5 year old boy ran outside and started firing a million questions...did you find anything? can I see? can I try the detector? can I try the pin pointer?  I left them with the AT gold to play with. Hopefully he will get a metal detector for Christmas because Lisa wants her AT Gold back!.

We are over due for a hunt.....

strick

• Like 1

I pee on my brothers Dodge all the time. Smart kid.

• Like 1

Thats a funny pic. Good on you to get some new blood in the sport. He will probably enjoy the new detector for xmas. Maybe he will be posting here someday.

Years ago I was on a holiday trip over on the coast by trinidad at a rv park. I just happend to bring my gb pro. I detected a big field where they have had alot of events before to see if I could find some coins or jewelry. Within 5 minutes a few little kids were curious of what I was doing. So I told them pirates use to park their boats offshore and come inland to bury treasure. Of course most little kids have atleast heard of that. I dug up a couple nickels and told them it was old pirate money. They were amazed. They left and came back with no less then 10 more friends. When they were back, I had a deeper big signal so I dug a faded aluminum can. I showed them and told them that pirates drank booze from the can. I informed them that I was very close to the big treasure now. Luckily I found a cheap gold plated loop earring. I then informed them that I recognized it as capt. Hooks earring. So I told them he must have been here already and found the treasure. It was time for dinner anyway, so I figured it was a good way to end the hunt. They were upset that I was done looking for treasure. They asked if they could have my detector, but unfortunately I couldnt give them my detector. I hope those kids all have one now and find themselves some treasures.

• Like 4