Merry Christmas From Fors Plus+

Hello,

Its been raining alot here lately, but had a little break in the weather today. Before it turns bad again, I went out today for a bit, after a few outside things to get done. I went to a diggings that I first went to couple years ago. Back then I was using a gb 2. Then later I took the original Fors gold there to find it's first gold. I detected there with new Fors plus today for it's first. It has been pretty wiped out there for finding much gold anymore. But you never get all of it. I grided the place real good before, so everytime I go there now, which hasnt been much, I try to think if there is a spot that I might have missed. Ironically, the road I drive in goes right thru the original workings. But I never really detected the road right next to the truck. Today I parked in a different spot cause I didnt want to make ruts on my friends road. So I decided to try the spot where I usually park. Surprisingly there was gold there. Under the truck all those other days. The diggings there had alot of rich shallow small pockets of gold. I found 2 small pockets before in the begging with gb 2. The biggest had just over 1 oz of pieces
Today I pulled .63 oz out of the same hole. Almost 12 dwt. I lost track counting somewhere around 50 pieces in all the excitement. But while extracting and later cleaning them, some of them broke into more pieces. The gold is really porous and crystalline so it doesnt weigh as much as it looks.
After I pulled those out I detected some more , but only got some junk. Some of the pieces from the pocket were really small, but they sounded off on the Fors plus real good.
It definitely was a good present Fors plus found for me. Nothing like finding a pocket of gold, right where it was born.
Now back to rainy days ahead.
Happy holidays!

post-764-0-53870000-1450580198_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-76107400-1450580310_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for the compliments.

Tv- the pocket was only 2-3 inches deep. There is small areas that the old timers didnt touch. This was one of those spots. The other small pockets that I found couple years ago were at a similar spot at the location. The host veins that deteriorated over time were literally on the surface and left the gold. It is very flat there with no creek for atleast 1/2 ml. So the gold never migrated much. Thanks