First Day Out This Butte Tifal Year

Hello,

Finally got outdoors for some detecting after a very busy holiday season filled with ups and downs.
Went to a new place down out in the foothills of Butte county to my cousins buddys prop. He has an a old channel surface diggings at his place with ground sluicing and hydroing. Back in the day they found alot of coarse gold and a few bigger nuggets there. Supposedly no one has ever detected there. So decided we will see what happens. So far not alot just 5 pcs. For .7 dwt. But it is a big area so we will see if it produces after more trys. Did find a few artifacts. A couple old shovels, half a gold pan. Rockerbox grizzly screens. And an old 6" knife.
The soil is pretty mild so was able to run Fors gold in all metal. Did try boost mode for a few but I swear on the new plus model that boost or fast is more chattery then all metal on any soil. Quite opposite of last years tester model original Fors gold. It does run very nice on all metal ( general) with sens. 55 threshold 70-80 and even a little isat. I messed with isat and even turned it up to 4 out of 1-5. Still found tiny gold and birdshot. Well till next time good luck to all prospectors this year.

post-764-0-57364400-1451791300_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-82580500-1451791328_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-66727800-1451791350_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-42038800-1451791372_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Good job, nice looking looking gold; there's bound to be a big nugget there.

• 2 weeks later...

CaliforniaGold,

I am considering adding the Forsgold + to hunt some heavy ferrous trash sites. Would love to hear a little about the new Forsgold+ ability of picking out the non ferrous targets ( gold ) in iron infested areas. I have read Toms review on Dans site, but you seem to have the most experience with this machine in real world. Been hitting those California tailing piles but my PI just goes nutz....its come time for me to add a new vlf, what I have read so far seems like it in the top 10% but would love to hear your opinion.

hello Relic,

to be honest, with the new plus i haven't really hit a bad iron infested patch yet with the plus model. I haven't been out a whole lot since I received the plus. the weather has been extremly bad. The places that i had success with the plus so far, have only had light to medium iron patches . but i have found gold with it under iron signals a couple times due to the fast target accusition. when the weather is better I do plan to take it to a place that has a tin can pile that has gold mixed in. I found gold in that tin can patch with orginal Fors gold and iron masking. I think steve found a nice specimen with orginal Fors gold in a iron patch. But with the short time that Ive been out with new plus with new coils. I feel that it will do very well in the iron patches. time will tell. as soon as i get out again and hit an  infested iron patch, i will let you know the result.

I worked extra day last week, so that I could take tomarrow off, so i can get back out. we are suppose to have a slight break with the weather. I hope the weather cooperates.

take care