First 2016 Hunt

Still using Condors SDC as mine won't be here until Wednesday (I hope) but I cant complain because it's a gold finding machine. Here's the latest found less than a foot apart and the larger one downhill (steep) from the little guy. I found another target that sounded great at first about another foot downhill and I had visions of "big gold" or specimen but it turned out to be a nice round piece of buckshot about 10-12" deep. I was happy to find these 2 but my heart was thumping for a bit. Good start to the year though for sure. Happy hunting and good luck to all of you in 2016!

post-683-0-80373000-1451856849_thumb.jpg

post-683-0-58362200-1451856863_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

That is nice but it sure looks bigger than .597 grams!

• Like 1

Wtg man, the next one will be bigger.

Dean, how are you? It looks like you are in for some weather over the next week and maybe some of that white cold stuff! We have a rain break tomorrow and I got my new SDC in today so gonna take her out and get muddy and hopefully some gold. Good Luck up there! We may be up around May and my Dad will be there mid April. Once it's gets closer I'll try to get you guys in touch if you're interested. He really wants to get out on the GPAA claims (he's a member) called Soldier Boy and Double JJ.

The larger of the 2 faked me out when I first got it. I thought for sure it was heavier but that skinny section is thin also so not much heft to it. I'll take em and they sure as heck beat the skunk that bit me today!

• Like 1