End Of The Year At The Dales

i went to the dale mining district with the intention of "testing" various settings used by Steve H, Lunk, Jonathan Porter and some others.

Those three were the main ones I used. I camped on El Dorado's famous patch, a place I usually camp. I nearly froze Monday morning when the temp was 29 degrees F.Not be be deterred I put on my long woolies,a wool sweater at-shirt and overshirt and a vest...I had so many clothes on my harness hardly snapped shut...plus Christmas Goodies increased my bulk a little bit.

I found my first nugget within 10 minutes right where me and a small army have detected ever since ED gave that patch away-he is a generous soul! I was very surprised because the area had been hit by many including SDC and GPZ users...plus it was almost 1/2 gram.

I almost forgot the main purpose of my trip...so after a small celebration in appreciation I renewed my purpose. The first setting I tried were Jp's which he described in the info he provides with his BZ Booster and Dual Speakers...I love the dual speakers with the wireless module. His setting were very compatible to me except I had to lower the tone to 57...The mosquito hum gives me an instant headache!

Next I gave Steve's insane setting a try...I gave them a go for 30 minutes but could not stand the noise. I did find the targets came through very clearly but none were golden.

Next I gave Lunks a go. HIs low-tone settings were very comfortable and produced small bits of lead and a couple of goodies...but I felt that JP's settings were better with the BZB and DS setup-which makes sense to me because Jonathan has many hours of trial and error invested in his product.

The most amazing thing to me was 7 little nuggets came out of a very small, extremely well hunted area. I found one other in the area I found several nuggets and meteorite pieces...I would love to take full credit for skill and patience but the GPZ was an equal or greater partner in getting these little bits. Not much in weight but worth a lot in increased skill and confidence.

I found my smallest gpz nugget to date...it was .08 of a gram that is 8/100ths of a gram...the total was about 1 and 1/2 grams...

fred

post-77-0-51437900-1451925693_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-78409900-1451925708_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

The one that got away? Did the signal just disappear or did it break up into static? I have found that some intelligent nuggets will send out a jamming force field signal. If you hear Jimmy Hendrix or Janis Joplin turn the Zed off and get out of there as you have detected a time warp and are now detecting in Woodstock.

Still the dumber ones you captured are great!

• Like 1

Congrats on the gold, Fred. As you know it takes determination, persistence and a lot of patience to squeeze the last few small nuggets out of a thrashed patch. Taking the time to compare the various settings of successful operators and finding which one works best for you certainly paid off; very smart on your part, and job well done.

Very nice Fred!! At least you are able to get out unlike myself up north in the snow. I'm ready for spring all ready!!

Rick

• Like 2

El D You know your patch has produced hundreds, maybe thousands of little nuggets. 7 of the 8 came from the area around my detector...not more than 40x40 feet...they were a shocking surprise...your gift just keeps on giving with a lot of help from the GPZ!!!

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY-I had a stupid moment while testing some settings. Usually, (almost always) I have a test nugget in a bottle and a bottle for my finds...because I changed my SOP I had them all in one bottle. So, I took a smallish one out put it on my sorting-coil-cover and tested away...then I dumped the nugget, put the sorter in my cargo pocket and walked away. I did not realize what I had done until I got home and looked at them before their bath...proving once again I ain't very smart!

fred

• Like 1

I like your trailer and the gold. Can you tell us more about the trailer/camper? Can a small car pull it ,like my Subaru Forester? Whats it look like inside?

-Tom, ps, you look so fit and trim in your member photo, ru saying that's not the real you?

Pss, Menards sells these flat bungee cords and I was experimenting.I found the 30 inch long flat bungee holds my pants up better than a belt and far easier to take off vs  them suspender things...

El D You know your patch has produced hundreds, maybe thousands of little nuggets. 7 of the 8 came from the area around my detector...not more than 40x40 feet...they were a shocking surprise...your gift just keeps on giving with a lot of help from the GPZ!!!

I'm so glad that so many have been able to get nuggets there and still can!  ..........it's still the only virgin patch I have found

• Like 1