GPZ Low-high Signals And High Yield Vs General

jasong

As far as other noises the GPZ makes I've tuned my ear to a distinct 'broken chatter' most .22 slugs will always sound like. Birdshot gives me a quiet tone like a nugget at first but once in the scoop stays a quiet tone.

And is it me or does gold, along with the high-low signal, seem to give off a higher, faster pitch than iron targets? Nuggets are typically a mellow, quite tone when I first swing over them but once I dig further down or get the nugget in my scoop my GPZ just seems to be "singing" in a lot higher pitch. I lend this to either Minelab metallurgy programming or just the uncommon high-low signal (most of my targets are low-high iron rubbish so that's what I'm more used to hearing). 

because I dig every signal I am not very concerned about the type of signal or the tones. However, I usually know when the signal is probably junk...and I really love those mellow-yellow signals that never come often enough.

fred

• Like 2

On 1/25/2016 at 2:31 PM, argyle said:

Romantic Myth my ar*e Vic....

Sounds like you were playing in that fluffy NSW, WA and QLD dirt in those 2 years...

fluffy dirt in the Pilbara ? I haven't seen too much of that  :smile:

I had my 1st "low-high" signal on gold last week in Gold Basin; it was a solid 6.8g nugget at about 8" in a narrow wash. Was on High Yield, Difficult...sensitivity 18 and used low Audio Smoothing. Thought it was going to be junk, but did Happy Dance when saw it!  I'm on way home to Idaho now and will post pics of the AU  when I get home...had a great trip!

• Like 3