The Study Of Gold Crystal Morphology

Hey folks, just throwing this out to some who maybe struggling with this topic of crystalline growth patterns and terms. I know many of you like myself enjoy the detecting gold. Over the years I am sure some of you have collected and added a number of nice specimens to your collection. My question is how do you determine what you have? If you look at some of the high end mineral dealers web sites and the high price they ask for some rare specimens, I believe its important for use "field collectors" of this mineral to educate ourselves in identification of crystalline forms and their potential value. The thought of anyone of us letting go a beautiful rare specimen for spot is not a pleasant one. So as it rains, snows and the weather keeps me indoors, I am studying this topic. I do have to admit, I feel like am in school all over again.... :) time for coffee! If any one has any thoughts, or good resources for the layman please add to our knowledge. Thanks and good hunting to you all this year.