Wireless Headphones Question

I have a rookie question about wireless headphones.

Do they transmit the sounds as accurately as a wired set?

Thanks…

Have you thought about standalone Bluetooth transmit (tx) & receive (rx) units?

The Avantree Saturn Pro Low Latency units work well & can be switched to use as both tx/rx. I've been using them on my SDC2300 & GP3500 for months now without issue & they last me a full days detecting which for me is usually up to 6-8 hours. They are very small & I just velcro them to the detector + my booster/speaker which I have clipped to me. They have no noticeable lag at all & a bloke I recommended them to had an Electrical Engineer friend test the claimed latency of 32ms. On testing he found they didn't quite meet the claim but did average 40ms even up to 5 metres (about 15 feet) away. His Engineer friend showed him how anything under 100ms is good & that it is pretty much impossible to pick lag at a latency less than that.

As a comparison they also measured the Minelab GPZ unit at a claimed 10ms. It returned an average of 12ms but increased to 20ms if at a distance or objects between units. Pretty good too!

The beauty of standalone units is that you can adapt & use your favourite headphones or try any others that tickle your fancy - your not stuck with the supplied pair. You can also use any booster/speaker combos that you prefer, if used, & still remain wire free.

In my experience with the above units you do not lose any audio quality or accuracy. I use them with a booster/speaker set up so can adjust volume accordingly. If I were to use headphones I'd more than likely, especially with the SDC, still use the booster so as to have volume control easily accessible/adjustable but there is no reason I can see that a set up straight through to headphones wouldn't work - some people I have recommended these to use headphones only without issue.

• Like 3

Ok after using the tdk wr700 I don't care for the sound quality, its not to bad but there is room for improvement.

Yeah the Avantree Saturn Pro Low Latency work a treat.  They get 6-8 hours of use and the lag is unoticable of around the 40ms.  They are only 1 1/4 inch in diameter and weight half an ounce, charge from micro usb so universal.  The audio is very good and comparable to the Minelab Wireless system, which is very good.  And you can use what ever headphones you want or booster speaker.  I use them direct from an after market GPX battery without booster and use in ear headphones with the RX in my top shirt pocket and the audio is plenty loud enough you just have to adjust volume on the 5000.  Haven't used them for a season yet but they have lithium Ion batteries and 12 month warranty.

• Like 1

Hmm I was thinking of going the airheadz route just because they have done all the testing already, and the headphones are supurb. But they use low lag blue tooth also. The avantree Saturn's and some good head phones would be about half price, maybe cheaper, and should do the same thing. Airheadz set up would cost me about $400. !?!?!!?? I'm gonna think on it. I got a couple other things I need to get first anyway. Any other info is much appreciated. Thank you

If you are looking to spend that kind of money you could look at wireless guitar systems, they have a Latency of under 5ms and some of the best wirless audio I have ever listened to.  My electrical engineer mate has the Line 6 G50 and we plugged into the CTX headphone jack and holy crap that was some great wireless audio the same as plugging the headphones direct.  The transmitter runs on AA batteries but the receiver needs a power supply but you could adapt as I was going to try this option.  The sony wireless guitar system has batteries in both and Joyo wireless has rechargables in both TX and RX but only runs for 4 hours.  But the transmitters start to get up in weight to, also the AKG K840KL's look the goods too battery life up to 20 hours small transmitter Kleer 2.4ghz not bluetooth but no info on Latency and at $400 here in OZ costly experiment.