Garrett New Ace 200 300 and 400

On md-hunter its says that Garrett has added a ( i ) after each number. At first look without firing it up you can't see the difference. It's all in the new software in more ways than one  If you want to learn more I'll let you go look for yourself.

The only dealings I've had with Garrett Ace was when I got the 200 for my Grandson. I was surprise to see what the Ace 200 had to offer for the money.

More new for 2016.

Chuck

Ringmoney

that's what I was thinking when I was reading it .It's been sometime back that I've looked at the Ace line of detectors. I just repeated what's said.

I stand corrected and thanks for it.

Chuck

PS With the DOW down like it is I may say anything right now. it's not HaHa. 

Wow, our cup will runneth over with new detectors in 2016 for sure! I have to get you guys trained still to not be shy about posting links, so I added the link to your post Chuck. Thanks for helping keep me informed, I love hearing about any new stuff but just don't get out around the other forums as much as I used to any more. Too busy here. That Russian website seems to always get early leaks because that guy attends dealer meetings over there and posts stuff that if a dealer did it here would get them canceled as a dealer. Good for him I say and good for us.

Ignoring any other changes just the change to LCD display is a huge improvement over the old Ace models, which lacked any actual target id numbers.

Ace 250 Display
garrett-ace-250-control-panel.jpg

New Ace 300 Display
garrett-ace-300-control-panel.jpg

The Ace 250 was revolutionary when introduced for the power it put in an inexpensive little package. It single-handedly defined what a detector should be in the $200 price range and has been a great starter machine for a lot of people. The under $500 category is turning into a real shooting match between First Texas (Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics) and Garrett, and I am guessing everyone else is going to get slaughtered in the cross-fire.

You may notice that with the international versions (the "i" models) Garrett is customizing the target id notches and tones for the European market, in particular adding expanded iron range capabilities that relic hunters here would like.

i don't care what game you play ( model detector ) or what door you pick it's all good for 2016. The latest video on a new detector does more for me than the picture of that model above.

For the people that like swinging a detector in 2016 then this is the year for you. The best thing you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride.

Chuck

Here is the MSRP of each Garrett Ace

Ace 200-200i-199.95

Ace 300-300i 299.95

Ace 400-400i 399.95

At one time not everybody could afford to get into metal detecting.. Now every kid on the block can get enough money out of his piggy bank to pay for a detector.

Chuck

There are probably kids out there interested in metal detecting, but most I see are heads down, thumbs flying, texting or playing games on their smartphones.  Oh well, I do the same but I am reading detecting forums.  ;)

Take a kid out detecting. 

Garrett officials detailed features and specifications for six new metal detectors that will revamp the company’s best selling ACE series. Each of the new ACE detectors include Digital Target ID—a large, 100-digit target information display for better target identification—as well as stem locks for additional strength and stability. Customers familiar with Garrett’s previous ACE detectors will notice a new, more robust audio package included in the new products.

The new flagship of the ACE lineup is the ACE 400, which features the Iron Audio™ feature made popular on the company’s AT Pro™ and AT Gold™ detectors. Iron Audio allows the user to hear discriminated iron and to alter the detector’s mid-tone signal range. This helps the operator hear the iron content in flat steel objects like bottle caps and washers that sometimes trick a detector into reporting them as good targets.

The ACE 400 includes a higher, 10 kHz frequency to provide better sensitivity to low and medium conductivity targets, such as gold and lead. The detector’s Frequency Adjust feature allows users to easily toggle between slight frequency shifts to help eliminate interference from other detectors or power sources. The ACE 400 ships with an 8.5”x11” DD-configuration PROformance searchcoil that has proven to be very popular with the company’s previous ACE™ 350 and EuroACE™ detectors. The ACE 400 includes five discrimination modes, electronic pinpointing, sensitivity adjustment, and High-Resolution Iron Discrimination.

The ACE 400 will ship with three FREE accessories to complement the new release: an 8.5”x11” DD searchcoil cover; volume-control ClearSound Easy Stow headphones; and a new ACE Environmental Cover-up to protect the control box from rain, dust, and mud. The MSRP for the new ACE 400 is $399.95 (U.S.).

An international version of the detector, the ACE 400i, will be released simultaneously for distributors, dealers, and customers living outside the United States. The 400i will include the same pricing, the same features listed above, and the three FREE accessories. The Garrett ACE 400i will differ from the American ACE 400 version in the following ways: the Target ID legend is revised to remove the U.S. coin denominations; the 400i will include additional pixels of resolution for iron discrimination; the mid-tone and high-tone audio break points have been re-divided; and the ACE 400i will have variances in the Mode/Discrimination patterns to better suit the search needs of our international customers.

Next in the new ACE lineup announced by Garrett is the ACE 300. It features a new 7”x10” concentric PROformance searchcoil (larger than the standard coil previously offered on the ACE 250) for additional coverage and detection depth. The ACE 300 sports a higher frequency (8 kHz versus 6.5 kHz on the previous ACE 250) for better sensitivity to low and medium-conductivity targets. Other features of the ACE 300: Digital Target ID; Frequency Adjust; more Iron Discrimination segments than the previous ACE 250; stem locks for added stability; and three FREE accessories shipped with each unit. The free items are: a 7”x10” searchcoil cover; volume-control ClearSound Easy Stow headphones; and a new ACE Environmental Cover-up to protect the control box from rain, dust, and mud. The MSRP for the new ACE 300 is $299.95 (U.S.).

An international version, the ACE 300i, will be released simultaneously for distributors, dealers, and customers living outside the United States. The 300i will include the same pricing, the same features listed above, and the three FREE accessories. The Garrett ACE 300i will differ from the American ACE 300 version in the following ways: the Target ID legend is revised to remove the U.S. coin denominations; the 300i will include additional pixels of resolution for iron discrimination; the mid-tone and high-tone audio break points have been re-divided; and the ACE 300i will have variances in the Mode/Discrimination patterns to better suit the search needs of our international customers.

Garrett also announced new ACE 200 and ACE 200i metal detectors, which will round out the new ACE series offering. These two detectors will become the new entry-point detectors and are enhanced versions of the company’s previous ACE 150 detector. They will include the new audio package, the large Digital Target ID system, and camlocks for additional stability. The ACE 200 and ACE 200i each ship with a 6.5”x9” concentric PROformance searchcoil, and operate on a 6.5 kHz frequency. Their U.S. MSRP will be $199.95.

The ACE 200i version will differ from its American version with a revised Target ID Legend, and revised Mode/Discrimination patterns to better suit the needs of our international customers. Garrett plans to begin shipping the first ACE 300, ACE 300i, ACE 400, and ACE 400i detectors during March to its distributors. The on-sale date to customers is currently scheduled for April 1, 2016, to coincide with the company’s anniversary. Garrett plans to release the more advanced versions of the ACE series first, followed weeks later by the release of the ACE 200 and ACE 200i. More specific details on product release will be forthcoming from Garrett’s Marketing and Sales departments in the near future.

new-2016-garrett-ace-200-300-400-detectors.jpg