New Nokta Au Gold Finder?

The thing that made the White's MXT a huge hit was the knobs. I sold a ton of MXT detectors and it was because I could point a novice at the knobs and it was easy for them to see and understand each control. No doubt the same will apply here.

There is also the fact batteries and everything are in one self contained pod - no underarm batteries as in the Racers. I don't think that helps the balance out but it does raise the possibility the pod can be removed from the rod. What is that knob sticking out of the bottom? Is it a control (strange place for one) or a knurled screw that attaches the control pod to the rod? If the pod can be easily removed it can also be easily mounted on other rod assemblies. If Nokta offered coils with longer cables, or better yet a cable extension that would work on all coils, then a person could hip or chest mount the control box.

The dual LED ferrous/non-ferrous readout is cool - I have floated that as an idea for a long time to folks. Forget the target id stuff, just tell me if it is ferrous or non-ferrous, and this does it as simple as it can be done visually. Be nice if one was green and one red, and you could get both in play at once. Solid green, dig. Solid red, take a pass. Flickering green and red - how lucky do you feel?

This is just another detector that makes me think Makro/Nokta has effectively replaced Tesoro as a player in the market. This reminds me of what Tesoro could be doing if they were not asleep at the wheel.

More information here on Nokta AU Gold Finder.

nokta-au-gold-finder-control-box.jpg

nokta-au-gold-finder-new-2016-03.jpg

• Like 1

The self contained (possibly removable pod?)and being more weather proof

is what really interests me about this detector.

You could possibly make a shorty out of it like I did my Vaquero.

You could detect with your main detector and have this on or in your backpack to use

If you run in to an area you need it for.

Bryan

I like it if it's legit. Would have preferred controls above handle and bulk of control box under the armrest ala GMT, but this is Eureka Gold / olds chool Goldmaster style which means hipmountable!! But that coil cable is too short to allow that. Interesting to see what becomes of this... 

And the answer is, it is legit. The unit is going to be hip mountable and the cable will be longer. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2016 at 11:13 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

The thing that made the White's MXT a huge hit was the knobs. I sold a ton of MXT detectors and it was because I could point a novice at the knobs and it was easy for them to see and understand each control. No doubt the same will apply here.

There is also the fact batteries and everything are in one self contained pod - no underarm batteries as in the Racers. I don't think that helps the balance out but it does raise the possibility the pod can be removed from the rod. What is that knob sticking out of the bottom? Is it a control (strange place for one) or a knurled screw that attaches the control pod to the rod? If the pod can be easily removed it can also be easily mounted on other rod assemblies. If Nokta offered coils with longer cables, or better yet a cable extension that would work on all coils, then a person could hip or chest mount the control box.

The dual LED ferrous/non-ferrous readout is cool - I have floated that as an idea for a long time to folks. Forget the target id stuff, just tell me if it is ferrous or non-ferrous, and this does it as simple as it can be done visually. Be nice if one was green and one red, and you could get both in play at once. Solid green, dig. Solid red, take a pass. Flickering green and red - how lucky do you feel?

This is just another detector that makes me think Makro/Nokta has effectively replaced Tesoro as a player in the market. This reminds me of what Tesoro could be doing if they were not asleep at the wheel.

More Information on Nokta AU Gold Finder

Thank you Steve for the comments. Yes, you did float the idea of the LEDs and you know we do listen to all our testers and customers and try our best to offer them what they need to the extent we can.

• Like 1

Simply amazing!!!!!

I guess we need to be aware that one company is actually listening and acting .....

Since 2010 when i started,  I cannot recall ANY company that exhibits as much interaction with detectorist's as Makro and Nokta have shown.

Holy Moly,  Am I becoming a fan boy???? ---- hahahahaa

• Like 5