Makro Gold Racer Park Hunt-Reno

Hi Paul.

Happy to see you got your fancy Makro Gold Racer!  Wild videos just show your excitement with your new toy!

Get real good with it, so you can give me some tips when I get back down that way with my (future) Gold Racer!

Gary / Largo

• Like 1

The river is too high now---thank GOD...

Last summer would have been a good time to go looking for them---- the river is soooo trashy.... especially right past town where i am...

Saw a bunch of greenheads yesterday that got my hunting fever up again....i could lure these to my camper with bread crumbs,,,,lolol

Nice, Paul...but---You need some pinpointing and retrieval lessons...that plug will die and get kicked out in no time at all! Just saying...

fred

Yes Fred I knew some one would bring that up----- what you cant see is where they are removing all this "grass" anyway to put in a playground...

• Like 1

Paul.  With the elliptical coils you rarely need to pinpoint.  Once you get a signal, while sweeping the coil from side to side over the target, slowly pull the coil back until the signal disappears, your target will be right off the tip of the coil. 

I prefer pulling the coil back towards me, but it also works moving the coil forward, once the signal disappears, the target will be just off the back end of the coil.  Toss a coin down and give it a try.

Looks like the Gold Racer really locks onto coins with a solid signal.  I've still got two feet of snow on the ground, plus its frozen.  So I haven't had a chance to take my Gold Racer for spin yet.  Maybe in April.  Thanks for posting the videos.

• Like 2

OK i get that, but this is a new detector and i am trying everything out on it----

You guys need to get to hunting and quit critiquing me- I'm just having fun---- :)

And you are right it def locks down on coins--- i hunt by sound and just check the monitor after i get interested in a tone.... it is very obvious when it goes over a coin vs trash----

I haven't even got the settings figured out yet and it is doing a great job--- when it found all the different coins this weekend i thought, wow --what will this thing do once i get to know how to tweak it--- I will give Dilek and the crew a big thumbs up for this detector....

• Like 3