Modern Gold Novel

Norvic

"Blood Gold Revenge" by Dave Wright. Set 2012, in NQ OZ a story of gold detecting, murder, drugs the works. A brutal read in paperback at Amazon Worldwide and available on Kindle. Tis a frightening read for us detectorists with a fairly intriguing fast moving story line. For those of you who enjoy such a read, and perhaps snowed in.

• Like 4

Yes there are gold detector operators in the book. I`ve just finished the book, was a lively read and frightening ie. have you looking over your shoulder next time your detecting. It is a fiction novel, however it appears to be loosely based on a real recent crime in NQ OZ. The trial of two people was last year, they were convicted and are now serving a life sentence.

The book is a reminder of the old truism "Gold brings out the best in mans ingenuity, the worst in his nature". I`ve not heard of any other fiction novel that is written about our current electronic gold rush, there are thousands about earlier gold rushes.

• Like 1

Sounds interesting. I'll have to do some Australian research to see if I can find the details for what happened to spark the novel, and life sentences to boot! I wonder now if they think it was worth it. Plus, the novel itself may be something to get me through this freeze-up as you've suggested.

Update: I found it: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-24/stephen-struber-dianne-wilson-convicted-murder-of-bruce-schuler/6647230

Interesting read!

All the best,

Lanny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys My friend Dave wrote Blood Gold Revenge It is based on the Palmer river Murder of Bruce Schuler

For which Stephen Struber and Dainne Wilson/Struber were convicted of murdering Bruce and sentenced to Life.

Tremain was unlucky enough to witness Bruce's Murder and this is what the book is based on.

Lucky  they didn't see Tremain or the other 2 witnesses or they would have met the same fate as poor Bruce!

Dave's publisher went broke so there will be a short delay on printing. Dave is organizing a new publisher now so it will be back on amazon and other booksellers in a week or two.

• Like 3

Hmm can't seem to pull it up for Kindle?

You are right, first it was there, now it is gone. At $21 paperback and only $8 Kindle I know which I would have got. Must have been some issue because it is not like you run out of stock with Kindle!

I edited the original post to add link to paperback just in case the Kindle version does not come back.

• Like 2