Hello all, I met up with fellow hunter Chris and we headed out to a spot of private property where I have found come nice gold in the past. Chris was using the GB Pro/10 inch coil and I was using my 3000/Sadie. After parking we headed down the trail onto BLM land and walked to the fence that is the line for the private property. I called the owner up and let her know that we were going to be detecting today.

Chris wandered down the creek to work the bedrock while I went up and over a ridge to a small flat that had some bedrock popping up through the red and yellow soil. I dug a few pieces of lead and moved up the flat and got a nice signal right near the edge of some bedrock. I dug down several inches and the signal was screaming. It turned out to be an old piece of lead that had turned white over the years. I waved the coil over the hole again and heard another more mellow signal. A few inches more and I saw the glint of yellow in the dark iron rich soil. I reached down and picked up a small piece of gold that turned out to .65 of a gram. I thought to myself that I better check the hole again. There was still another signal in the now almost ten inch deep hole. I was on solid rock now and could not see anything resembling a target, the signal was coming from under the bedrock. I chipped away with the pick point and eventually broke off a few slices of the bedrock taking me down a few more inches. I repeated this step a few more times and finally went over the target and it was not in the hole anymore. After about seventeen inches the target was in the pile of broken bedrock and clay. I pinpointed and pinched some soil up between finger tips and waved it over the coil, I had it. Rather than drop it on the coil I set my detector down and dropped the soil into my other hand and stirred it around with a finger tip until I saw yellow. It turned out to be a nice melon seed piece of gold that was about two grams.

I hunted a while more with no other good signals so I headed back towards where I had left Chris. After finding him he showed me the three pieces he had found in the bedrock along the edge of the creek. We both took off different directions to hunt some more. An hour later I met up with Chris again and while I had not found anything else he had found two more. We left within an hour after not finding any more gold. It was another pretty day in the north state, clear and maybe 75 degrees. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

post-1-0-09830700-1395074428_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-16033400-1395074439_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-79470600-1395074448_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-73154200-1395074458_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-87655500-1395074467_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-89565100-1395074476_thumb.jpg

• Like 1