How To Make DIY Gold Hog Gold Sluice For Narrow Streams

Here's a video describing how I have made a narrow river /. stream gold sluice. This gold sluice has been made with a combination of Vortex, Hi-Low & Gold Hog Razerback & Scrubber mats. The sluice is made of 2mm Aluminium which I had made & shaped at a local steel fabricators and the mats were off-cuts from someone else's sluice build, the other person had no use for them but they were the perfect size for what I wanted to make so the materials for this sluice haven't cost a lot at all.

This gold sluice has been specifically made narrower than most sluices because I already have a gold sluice for general working conditions, this gold hog matted gold sluice has been made specifically to run in narrow streams and burns, where a normal size/width sluice would not fit. I have previously made a similar rain gutter sluice using ribbed matting but that only seemed to trap the finest of material due to the matting used, so this time I figured I'd use tried and tested matting to ensure the gold sluice will stand the best chance of finding gold from the material as possible.

• Like 1

Hi Goldgrabber

I can tell you how to make a Chinese Sluice that will get the gold and it won't cost over 5 to 10 dollars. The Chinese used this home make sluice when they didn't have nothing else. 

It will take about a hour of your time to make it.

Chuck