New Detech Chaser Metal Detector

Detech Relic Striker

Specifications and Features:
• Search Systems: VLF Motion and Non Motion
• Operating Frequency: 4.8 kHz
• 2-fold acoustic metal discrimination
• Audio frequency: 250 Hz Low Tone, 550 Hz Simple Tone, 1100 Hz High Tone
• Very stable even with electromagnetic interference
• Discriminator metal discrimination adjustable, very good ferrous scrap suppression
• Automatically detects the size and type of coil for proper operation
• Visual and audible battery check
• Sensitivity Control-depth search power adjustable
• Deep search performance also adjustable via high and low
• Automatic or manual Ground Balance
• 1 x waterproof search coil SEF Ø 18x15” (38cm x 46cm) with protection
• Built-in Speaker  and Headphone connection 3.5 mm jack
• Camouflage with black telescopic handle 3-fold divisible
• Operating time with 6 x 1.5 V batteries: Ca. 30 hours
• Weight: Approx 1,6 Kg

post-1-0-63937000-1455330800_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-55909300-1455330801.jpg

That's for sure Nenad.

Pity we had so much trouble re: dealerships in the past couple of years. Pleasure to have a Distributor that has both business ethics and knows his product line.

I haven't run a Spiral DD on a GP series yet, hopefully Tuesday on my 3000. But I've got a feeling the match will work hotter ground far better with near equal sensitivity versus same size mono.

Yep, those small solid round Detech mono's are dong proof, much like a 12" Advantage. I bet if you dropped a brick on them they wouldn't false.

Thanks heaps for the Relic Striker info too Steve!

I'm pretty sure the only other coil they can run with apart from the big SEF is a 13".

Argyle, Thanks for the rundown on these Detech machines. Hopefully the Gold Chaser will have the ground balance issue solved.

I got an Ultimate SEF coil for my F19 from Ray that is amazing on a 3 grain nugget--in the air. Still too much snow & muck for real hunting.

I like your critical thinking--a lot of people shrug off these frustrating details

No sweat...

I love the F19! Got one in that first batch of Maple Camo. Lovely to look at ...such a sweet unit with that magnificent Ground Grab balance (pretty sure DaveJ was responsible for that and it functioned brilliantly in the hottest ground) I was going to match it with the Ultimate 13" coil due to amount of pure sensitive gain it could push through medium dirt but didn't get around to buying one it. They'd make a good match!

• 1 year later...

In the pic above it shows a 4.8 khz Chaser unit , had heard some good things about Detech Striker unit shown earlier in this thread, is this new freq digital Chaser unit at 4.8 a upgraded relic unit to replace Striker and is there any further info on this one?