Gold Miners Wanted For TV Series

I heard the Dakota boys were doing this my brotherinlaw and sister have been set up in booth next to fred at gold show this weekend  in roseburg.    Sounds like they are going to do some wild waterfalls also,wouldn't be my thing,i would rather stay on hard ground.

• 4 weeks later...

I am contacting you in hopes that you may be able to help me get the word out about a position I’m looking to fill for a new TV show series called "White River Gold”—specifically about Gold Miners.

I would appreciate if this job search could be posted to some of your members or discussed at your meeting tonight.

They can contact me directly if they are interested.

This is a FULLY PAID short-term job that will be filmed for Television.

__________________________________________________________________________________

We are looking for crew to join a swift water gold mining operation for a new TV show on major cable network. 

Do you have what it takes to work on a swift water suction dredge gold mine?

Can you rappel down mountains, construct wooden platforms and move heavy boulders? Are you a professional diver able to operate a 6 inch suction dredge in massive underwater currents to get the gold? Are you a physically fit mechanic, a commercial diver or an energetic mountaineer?

If you think you have the skills we need... get in touch today!

Email your name, telephone number and why a gold mining crew should hire you? 

My email is: Hayley@metalflowersmedia.com and I can be reached at 818-692-5712.

white-water-gold.jpg

• Like 1

well I'm a physically fit mechanic, but too smart to wrestle a suction hose in white water! sounds like some fun, but not worth dieing for.:mellow:

On 2/23/2016 at 9:34 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Sounds like somebody trying to think up new shows decided "what's the most dangerous way to find gold we can think of".

They best be very careful, and hopefully nobody gets killed for entertainment.

this. I defer to the voice of experience. it does sound like a great adventure, for experienced underwater miners. not rookies.

Looks like a great way to shut all dredging in the U.S. all we need is a show that shows how someone gets killed while dredging. kinda liked it when miners and prospectors did their thing and did not seek the public attention. Keep it low and slow........just my opinion. 

I've done the whitewater dredging thing, and I too have no desire to repeat it as no matter which type of mask you wear, seeing is not a viable option, nor is keeping the mask either on your face (or free from water) an alternative if you move your head the least bit wrong. As well, there's the constant plucking of untold legions of endless, icy water-powered fingers on everything . . .

As for rappelling into crazy spots, done enough of that as well, fun, but in an emergency if you have to get out of spot like that, just as crazy. 

If I was in my early 20's and still full of vinegar and other natural stimulants and hormones, probably, as that's why I've tried some of the extreme things I have after all. But, the mileage on the frame is way too much, so someone will apply, and they'll have a grand adventure that I truly hope remains a safe adventure throughout.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Gold Miners Wanted For TV Series

They are at it again - here is your chance to be a star!

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

My name is Rhys Towse, I am a Producer at Raw TV, in London, we are the producers of Discovery Channel’s GOLD RUSH. I’m getting in touch with you today as I am currently looking to speak with gold miners to appear on A NEW TV SHOW!

We are looking for small mining operations based in either the lower 48, Yukon, Alaska or British Columbia who are relatively green to the mining game and hungry for gold! Do you know any young gun’s out there mining? Or any old-time miners whose son or daughter is taking on their own small operation for example?

Ideally, they would:

• have been mining for at least 1 season
  • have a crew of at least 3
  • an existing camp set up with their own heavy equipment in place including, wash plant, excavator etc

If you know of anyone who might be interest it would be incredible if they could fill in an online form here: https://www.raw.co.uk/takepart/2387 , Also is there any chance you might be able to forward on this email to anyone you know who might be keen to talk to us about this opportunity?

Thanks,

Rhys

• Haha 1

I too was contacted a couple of times about doing a detecting reality show. When I stated that I wanted to play everything straight, and not add phony drama with petty infighting or have planted finds, I never heard back. Maybe they found a photo of me and decided I didn't have enough "beefcake" to get anyone excited! 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2