GPZ 7000 Price Drop

Reno Chris

Steve likes rumors and I heard a good one recently. I heard the GPZ 7000 will be put on sale with a notable price drop in the near future.  Can't say much more than that right now, but I heard it from a reliable source.

Just about all the ML detectors have gone on special offers in recent months and it appears the flagship 7000 will soon join them. So if you've been wanting one and waiting,  you may have a special opportunity here shortly. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to GPZ 7000 Price Drop

This was bound to happen.  Minelab has stated to investors that GPZ sales have slowed. The most motivated prospectors have already bought theirs and second-hand units are starting to appear at prices around $7000 - $8000.  Demand for the GPX detectors has probably dropped way off as well, otherwise the big inventory clearance deals would never have happened.

ML's official sole distributor in Dubai is selling the GPZ new for $7494.  I'd guess that this might be the likely price point. And yes, these are prices in US dollars.

Here's a link to their webpage of Minelab products.

http://www.depardetector.com/trademark/Minelab/13

here's a cut from the page.

image.png

If I am an Early Majority buyer w/ military discount my price would be $6370? This will likely drive the price of used units below the $5000 mark. Ouch!

The military discount if I am correct is not applied to other discounts. The military discount of 15% off minimum advertised price of $9999 has been $8499. A sale price is not regarded as a change in the official MAP price but exactly that - a sale price. If it went on sale for $8499 they would in effect just be selling it for what they have been selling it to for lots of people anyway.

Then there is the fact there are dealers that bootleg them out the door far under MAP price. That practice has already undermined resale price on used GPZ detectors.

Sales of gold prospecting equipment of all types has slowed down somewhat in recent months.  The price of gold endlessly wafting slowly downward does not bring on nearly as much excitement as gold rocketing upward month after month.  I also think that sales of detectors to Africa by all makers have slowed a bit from the very brisk pace of a few years back, so it's necessary to make some effort to increase sales.

So Steve, you want rumors about the next GPZ? Well,  it's been traditional by ML to put the flagship detector on sale in the months before the next model comes out. I wish I could say I actually knew that something was in the wind, but I know nothing.  It's just an inference. 

Hey Guys,

Hear some rumors on a GPZ sale, but nothing has been announced that I have heard of.  The GPX 5000 Pro Package that used to be at $5995.00 is now reduced down to $4000.00.  You can still use the 15% Military Discount on top of this to reduce that price down to $3400.00. 

I can't believe the GPZ on that site is down to $7400.00

Take care,

Rob Allison
www.robsdetectors.com