New Really Excited Prospector!

idahogold

Hi  EVERYONE IVE been on the outside looking in for lets just say more than 5 years! I'm in central idaho and chose to study all YA[LL and the AUSTRALIANS...........I have STOOD Next to HUNDREDS OF OUNCES being dug but never have found a single thing but trash just plinking around the rivers and workings close by the car  running my whites gmt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THIS NEXT WEEK THAT ALL CHANGES.  ROB ALLISON SENT ME AN EMAIL SHOWING SHIPPED Today BOX 30 lbs. fedex ground . Minelab Bundle sdc-2300 and GPX-4500. AND got a used 14" NF ROUND MONO also literally on the mail 2nite from Darrel in Paradise, Ca. Thanks 4 teaching me what NOT TO BUY...AND HOW IT ALL WORKS...AND THE COMMITMENT IT TAKES!!!!  IM IN..........CHEERS JAMES D. 

OH YAH! REASON FOR MY FIRST RESPONSE/ POST////////

MINELAB GPX-5000 PRO PACKAGE IS NOW 3995.00 IN USA  PER ROB ALLISON  ROBS DETECTORS CONVERSATION TODAY!   ORDER NOW

• Like 1

OH YAH LAST WEEKEND......i sold the GMT w/ 2 coils on ebay saturday for 545.00 and sunday 30 mins down the road i bought a GB2 "NEW turned on twice USED" off craigslist w 2 coils and  KOSS behind the neck headphones for $500. BONUS guy had a dusty grey plastic sluice on his porch he wanted 20 bux for.Turns out its a BOSS1 angus mckirk worth $150.  SPRING IS RAINING ITS WAY HERE EARLY AND THE GOLD DISTRICTS OF CENTRAL IDAHO/EASTERN OREGON ARE IN MY CROSSHAIRS......MINELABS IN THE MAIL...............

All my thanks to you Steve! Personally from the heart.......Technical Info Junkie! And ore genesis geology junkie! And bass fishin fool,,,smallmouth up here.

Are there THE FIVE GOLDEN RULES for nuggetshooting? Beginner tips w. minelab machines? .....I'm a student till I Die! Thank you 4 all the great shared knowledge ahead of time and over the years......I'm thanking everyone on the forum

Five golden rules you want to know hey, these are made up on the spot but should do ;)

1.  Know where you are (gps) and whos land (claim) you are walking around at all times.

2.  Learn how to find gold with the standard coil and factory preset settings before trying fancy stuff and confusing things.

3.  Dig everything, do not try to discriminate by ear.  And take the rubbish home, dont throw the nail back to find again in a few years.

4.  Research your chosen area thoroughly, knowing your in the right area is great for confidence, newbies often second guess themselves and give up to easy.

5.  Fill your holes in, dont want to upset the authorities, but also dont want to leave signs of where your working for others to follow.

• Like 2

Thanks Trent- good info!  Thanks again Rob!

My interest in nuggetshooting all started in the middle of the night 2am. 6.5 years ago ! got off work 2hours early. we finished discharging containers off the ship by lunch.at midnite. port of la/lb. and a recommended video came up on youtube.....from zaqqaz22   3 min vid was a frustrated detectorist....complaing that he only had 6 targets in 2 days....w the sound of the minelab 4500 running in the background. he goes on to explain that he found a few bits a wire a bolt and a bullet....but somehow that morning he managed to find a 3/4 oz. piece.....over there 300yards away near that hill by the truck.....and now i finished my lunch   and i havnt even waved my wand over it.....saw it outa the corner of my eye......SUNBAKER!!!!!  HE crouches down  and you see 1inch by 1/2 inch showing in the sun    he  pushes into the moist red mars like sand and OUT POPS 6.5 OZ BIG FLAT PIECE.! wow wanted too drop everything i was doing and go there and be that guy....

still do!

thanks FM will make sure to read "em

• Like 1