Fors Gold Plus Gets Hungry Sometimes

Hello,

I headed back out to same patch as last weekend to try some more detecting. I grided off a spot where I had a patch going last time. I ended up getting 9 small pieces doing that for a few hours. Then I tried the next little ridge across the small creek only about 40 yrds from patch area. I picked up 4 more and a ton of lead. It was getting late in the day and figured it was time to head out. it was a warm day and the flocks of mosquitoes were coming out. I then decided to try a few more minutes and start moving just to get away from mosquitoes. I went around a big manzanita and got a screaming signal. Only 4 inches deep. I figured it was a big lead as I found alot already. i was really surprised to see a nice nugget. I figured it was the perfect time to call it and leave some for next time. I think I will be going back to grid that little ridge next.  And its time to hit the whole area with the 5000 and see what lurks deeper. But Fors plus did a wonderful job in all metal again today. It really hits good on even tiny pieces. Well the day ended up with 8.8 dwt and 14 pcs again.  

Good luck

20160220_095343.jpg

20160220_201203.jpg

20160220_172622.jpg

20160220_201125.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Fors Gold Plus Gets Hungry Sometimes

Hey Paul. I definitely wont be winning an oscar this year for gold videos. I filmed a few lead finds then my first small piece today. Then my crappy cool cam informed me that my media card was full. it is not full. it does this all the time. ive removed it before and put back in and sometimes it fixes it. But not today. did I mention dont buy a cool cam brand hd camera.  Buy a go pro. I guess I will have to get one. I will post my 1-2 minute video after I take 1-2 hours to convert the MOV file to mp4.  Then take another couple hours uploading to youtube.  So much work for a short video. they should atleast give me a mention at the oscars for all the pain that this cheap camera has put me thru. good luck

Lol..

I have a hero 3 black gopro and I did have it on my 3500 

Going to have to get the mount rigged so I can rotate it from looking down at the coil to looking atbthevdig hole when I lay the detector down....

Shouldn't be that big of a deal....just haven't made time for it.

So as steves questions... Are you liking your Fors better that the racer?

Probably next weekend I will run the gold racer again.  I really like it too. it also has a very smooth threshold and you can find tiny stuff even though I throw in alittle isat to smooth things out, it still gets good depth and hits loud on small gold. So far I havent had some semi mellow ground to try the concentric coils.  They were just alittle too noisy when I tried. I dont know if ill really ever use the small  coil much the 10x5 coils seem to find tiny gold real well. if it gets any smaller I wont be able to see it. Plus I feel funny swinging around the little thing. after using 10x5 and larger coils on the 5000. I like to cover some real estate when detecting.