Detech 8" DD Review Request

FishBamboo

I have read several positive reviews including the strings on this forum on the Detech 15" Ultimate Spiral DD coil, however not much on the new Detech 8" DD. 

Does anyone know if the 8"DD is also spiral wound? My experience is the smaller coils are more sensitive to smaller gold. How does the new Detech 8" DD compare to the 15" Ultimate Spiral DD on small gold?

• Like 2

No, the 8" DD is not Spiral Wound Bamboo, but is Litz Wire.

While I haven't done head to head with the coils on the same day, your experience with a smaller coils sensitivity to smaller gold holds true between these two sizes. 

Even though the much larger 15" Spiral is a sensitive coil on sub gram pieces, the 8"DD will hit them deeper and with a much more refined sig response, especially within the centre two inches of the coil over a target.

The 8"DD is a nice light solid little coil and smooth on troublesome ground. Strongly built, no falseing, it feels how a small solid coil should.

• Like 5

I was just about to post a reply, but Argyle has beat me to it. Spot on. This is THE coil to get for small gold in hot ground for anyone using a pre-GPX machine. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...