Swifty

One way to look at it is if you bought a ZED early on and have found some nice gold with it then it has already more then paid for the price difference.... I still believe in the early adopter theory.....

strick

Price drops & bundles have started downunder. $9499 ($6820USD) + some bundles include either a go-find or detector covers & bag. Some that paid full price are not happy about it but it seems to be a special or Minelab promotion price here not permanent?

Gotta love price decreases. I do at least. I think detectors have run counter to the norms in consumer electronics for too long with ever escalating prices, and it is about time we see that turn around. From now on I want to see more horsepower for less money, not more horsepower for more money.

That being the case however would mean that anyone buying a new machine might very well have to accept they will not hold value as well as they have done in the past. I do not figure my detectors as costing what I pay for them. I figure them as the difference between what I pay for them and what I sell them for later. My "cost to own" number. So to me a GPZ was never a $10K detector but more like a $3K detector. Minelab dramatically dropping the price decreases the resale value and increases the cost to own for those that bought at the higher price. It used to be you could count on a Minelab really holding its value but not so much anymore.

• Like 2

It is a bit of a concern, not only because it devalues our 2nd hand MLs, more so because it seems only two of MLs range has not been discounted, the SDC and the CTX. The Go-finds and Xterras are being sold in OZ outside of MLs usual loyal dealers by discount outlets, which is good for current purchasers. Considering this perhaps ML is in financial trouble, the prospecting scene would be so different without them. Hopefully I`m reading this very wrong.

• Like 1