My First Love Token Find - Minelab X-Terra 705

Goldgrabber

A short video from a metal detecting trip using my Minelab X-Terra 705 metal detector on some local wasteland. My friends have detected this area over the years but I thought I would give it a go myself, I didn't have the best day finds wise but the Minelab X-Terra 705 did manage to find me my first love token made from an old coin. Because I hadn't heard of such a thing before today, I didn't realise what it was and when I dug it, I tried to bend it back in to normal shape, not realising it had been purposely bent to the shape it was, now I know for next time if I dig a bent coin, not to instantly try ans straighten it, live and learn ehh...

• Like 1

The 705 doesn't get as much credit as it is due. I owned the 70, and then the 705, for some years and it to this day has been one of my favorite detectors for "all-purpose" work. 

With the elliptical coil it does just about as well on gold as any of the new mid frequency detectors (In my opinion.) If I ever encounter another one at a decent price I may be snagging it up. The 3Khz digger coil is a coin slayer, they are expensive but well worth the investment for shooting old silver.

Nice find!

The professor that invented the VFlex technology is an absolute genius.

Before the first batch of XTerra's he refined a few of Minelab's units. Both the Audio and Tracking abilities of them. A real master of Digital Processors too.

• The title was changed to My First Love Token Find - Minelab X-Terra 705