19"-20" Coil For GPZ 7000

Gary Schafer of Minelab America announced today at the GPAA Las Vegas Show that a 19" - 20" coil is officially in the works. Great effort and therefore time are going into trying to keep this coil as close to the weight of the stock 14" x 13" coil as is absolutely possible. No projected time frame for release was announced but since they are still hard at work in it the implication was not any time super soon. Sorry, wish I had more than that to offer but at least you know now a big coil will happen before a small coil.

• Like 5

Hehh.  Those with medical implants or gold fillings need not apply ;)  Coil that big will require a two man team.  One stripped to his shorts and the other to carry the pick and water.  Looks like I'll have to go with contacts or plastic framed glasses as well.

Just a bit of candor.  Seriously would like a smaller coil first but ehh when you swing a big one all those little bitties are going to sound like a choir and you'll need a dry blower to pin point them after the backhoe knocks the first 3 feet off.  I also predict there will be a surge in sales for small generators and electric jack hammers... better get on gumtree and get me a set.....

• Like 1

Dont know about that honestly.  Dug some pretty deep stuff that required a jackhammer a couple of times.  Once you get to a certain depth, at least in many areas of WA, your just SOL without a mate and his little helper.  Another thing is that dragging around a big pick is a real bother and a good way to misplace it.  I had to buy a smaller pick of my partner because the Zed really liked mine.  Heck my partner did much better on the small stuff because, in my opinion, he would leave his pick in an area of exploration or a patch and dress down metal on his person to a minimum.  I spent alot of time chasing itty bitties because my glasses would dull the my Zed down during recovery.  The manual gb switching trick I read about here while down there helped alot. But damn if the Zed did not sound off like a gong if I had to shake my head to ward off a fly going up my nose.... in my ear... mouth... eye.... oh the joy.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I`m with Ddancer on this, with the depth I`ve experienced from the standard coil not sure the larger coil is going to see a lot of sales, but having said that I`ll get one and find out if it of use to me as soon as it is available. One say two oz piece at say 1.5 metre will pay for it, have to get another for the chiropractor .......:rolleyes: 2oz+ nugget that is. Plus there is the advantage of larger area covered and if at same or close to same weight, why not? More toys for us big kids..........

• Like 1

i wonder just how sensitive the larger coil will be to very tiny ferris trash like the small window screen stuff that is blowing around in the desert and hits so hard on the standard coil, be interesting to see if things balance out with the give and take. by picking up large deep gold and not being as hot on the smaller surface trash we might find some added advantage, realistically the zeee is so hot that the large coil will probably still hit hard on everything.

• Like 1