Nokta Au Gold Finder Officially Introduced

Does anybody have any field test and results with this new detector. it would be interesting to see a video of how it operates while gold detecting in different gold mineralization rather then a guy from kellyco just playing with the knobs. not very convincing.  

There appears to be some attempt at a light shade in place.  Perhaps an extension of some sort might be in order for those that have significant vision color issues.

Gary

1 hour ago, californiagold said:

Does anybody have any field test and results with this new detector. it would be interesting to see a video of how it operates while gold detecting in different gold mineralization rather then a guy from kellyco just playing with the knobs. not very convincing.  

Like I said before, 56 kHz Gold Racer circuit in different box. Since you have run a Gold Racer you should have a fairly good idea of how this will perform.

I have run the Gold Finder but the performance aspect was a non-issue for me. I am waiting for my Racer 2 to show up and then I will make the time to take them both out and get on some gold but I am fairly sure I know what I will see in the field. They are just single frequency VLF detectors folks, not some new mystery technology.

• Like 2

Now I know why so many people run red lights. Then the next time they'll sit through the green one.

Chuck

Steve I figured it pretty much would be just like gold racer. I was wondering how this set of lights was going to work. on display screen detectors. mostly in disc mode you get alot of chirps from the mineralization especially on nokta/makro detectors.  This does produce quick target id's on the display. are the lights going to be sensitive to all these same false signals? if so they are going to be blinking alot. also will they show a target when there is no audio yet from a deeper signal. The original fors gold with vibration would give a repeatable vibe sometimes before  actually giving a audio response. Other then that since i'm not testing this one. I hoping to see some hardcore consistent field testing to see how it holds up under constant use with several users. 

I am amazed by all the focus on the LED lights! It is a VLF detector - nothing new. First, dig all targets.

Repeat, when nugget detecting, dig all targets.

Oh, too much trash? Well cherry pick to whatever degree suits you.

Green LED, dig it. Pretty simple.

The red LED is the key. Let's say you sweep the target 10 times from different directions and it is a strong signal and comes up red every time. You may want to pass on it.

What if it is red nine times and green once? Eh, probably still pass on it. Or not.

How about six times red and four times green? Flickering back and forth? I think I will dig it.

It is a tool, nothing more, no different than hunting two tone. Targets can be very strong one way or the other, or "iffy". How iffy it needs to be for you to dig is for you to decide.

Oh yeah, did I forget to say dig all targets? Anything else is purely a judgement call. A wise person would engage in a guessing game for quite some time predicting targets but digging everything until comfortable with their guesses. I still think audio always should be the main thing used in making a dig/no dig decision, and that is no different whether it is a meter or an LED.

When in doubt, dig it out!

As far as wanting lots of reports - the machine has not even been sold to the public yet. I personally don't consider machines to even have a track record for a minimum of 6 months. A year is better.

• Like 6

I wasn't asking for a detecting lesson.  I think I have a good grasp on that. I dont care about the lights really. I thought maybe one of the testers had sometime in on it. and could say how basic operating reliability is going. I was aware it is not sold to the public yet. I do read your post.  Thats why I was just asking about field testers reports. I have ran most nokta detectors and im always curious how each one is doing in the field test thats it.especially the ones im not testing.  if I offended you in some way. That was not my intention. the only reason I joined forums after detecting for over 31 years was to report my findings while testing nokta detectors and since then I also try to help as many as I can try to find gold. If I wasnt doing these things I would never have joined any forums. I would just be out there hunting gold having fun like always. But I also didnt join forums to argue with my fellow Americans. I did enough fightin when I was young for my country. 

Hmmmmm.... you asked a question about the LEDs, I tried to answer it. I was not and am not offended and certainly was not trying to argue.

Field testers are usually using prototypes, not finished product, so I think end user reports carry more weight as far as reliability goes.

Anyway, I'm sorry my reply was not satisfactory but maybe it will help somebody else.

• Like 1

When I asked about the leds what I should have said was do they seem to be accurate or reliable for target indicators when you tried it. I ran a nokta golden sense before with ferrous and non ferrous lights. They were not always accurate for me especially on small gold right on the coil. they havent had led's since then. Just wondering if they were better. I wont be owning one of these new ones so I wouldnt know unless someone mentioned it. like you I feel vlfs have not really increased a whole lot of depth. I think ive found gold at previously detected patches because newer tech seems to hear the long range targets better. maybe I heard them before but they didnt hit good. and I still have excellent hearing, so I think that part of vlfs nowdays is better. and some new vlfs have better designs and displays etc. but ultimately im waiting for a detector to only detect gold and even tell you a size. But I think that is still near impossible.  I have no issues with you either steve. I joined this forum because I think you have about the best around. and maybe I can help some new detectorist in some way. thats mostly my goal nowdays is to pay it forward online and off. I contribute to other forums for nokta/makro field test reports for interested parties, but I do consider this one my home forum. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Nokta AU Gold Finder Officially Introduced