Nokta Au Gold Finder Officially Introduced

What interests me with this new Au Gold Finder is the tracking and auto ground balancing, I use a GB2 now for small gold, I tire quickly rebalancing ever couple feet in hot ground when detecting, I would also like to know if the au gold finder can easily detect a one grain nugget ? Right now a 1 grain nugget is worth 2.81, so worth picking up!!! I have no problem at all with detecting one grain nuggets using the GB2 detector just hate the constant thumbing of the ground balance knob ever few ft to keep it in balance.

The GB2 has a 20 year history of rugged dependable simplicity in the gold fields and finding the tiny bits. Its rare that anything goes wrong with one even when abused, mine has been dropped on talus slopes and fallen off tailgates.......no problem. I know what you mean about having to re balance every few feet in hot ground though, gets tedious after several hours. I think about getting a Gold Racer often but buying a machine built over-seas with a still unproven track record and mixed reviews on the factory authorized repair facility has me spooked for now.

Heck, I would like nothing more than to see First Texas come out with an updated version of the GB2 ( hint, hint....GG/Tracking) 

• Like 1

Hard Prospector, actually I am holding off buying hoping  for that new CZX Fisher detector in hopes it will replace my GB2. No rush since the GB2 works. I have fallen on my GB2, and it also survived a fall attached to my CT110, it keeps on ticking!!!  Makes you wonder if these new detectors are built well enough to be around in another 20 yrs??

• Like 1

They are basically the same detector configured two different ways. The AU Gold Finder has the LED stop and go system, the Gold Racer has the full blown VDI readout. The Gold Racer weighs slightly less and in normal use is better balanced. The Gold Finder has a mono tone disc mode in addition to the dual tone disc mode. The Gold Racer has just the dual tone disc mode (both of course have all metal prospect modes). The Gold Finder is water resistant and may be chest or hip mounted. Most importantly to some - the Gold Finder has knobs.

The battery compartment and speaker are one with the Gold Finder control box and speaker is top mounted. The Gold Racer batteries and speaker are under arm. This means not only can the Gold Finder be chest or hip mounted but it in theory can be mounted on different rod assemblies.

11 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

Hard Prospector, actually I am holding off buying hoping  for that new CZX Fisher detector in hopes it will replace my GB2. No rush since the GB2 works. I have fallen on my GB2, and it also survived a fall attached to my CT110, it keeps on ticking!!!  Makes you wonder if these new detectors are built well enough to be around in another 20 yrs??

I wondered the same thing about the new "all digital detectors" when they first came out. I've  had a GB Pro over 5 years now and its been dropped a few times and seemed no worse for the wear. Same for my F19 which has seen the most back-country use this past year, even left it outside my tent (by mistake) when a afternoon thunder storm drenched it.......no issue. Of course I ordered a protective cover at first chance. Actually just picked up another GB2  took it and the Gold Bug and cut them down into pin pointers. Man what a difference having a "shorty" detector can make when working tailing piles and tight spots between boulders on bedrock. Not sure about you fellas but I often have to crawl on all fours to get the coil over where I want it and the full length detector left a lot to be desired in such circumstances. With over-all lengths of 22', these new mini's have made such tasks  a whole lot easier. The cut down GB has especially worked out well, its lite weight has made for good ergonomics for use with one hand (hand tool in other). Working steep tailing piles this way,  knee pads and boots dug into slope allows for a comfortable work position as I move/detect material and my back sure likes this method. I can't take credit for modifying these machines though, got the idea from Steve H.

You've got my interest in that Fisher CZX, gonna have to check it out.

• The title was changed to Nokta AU Gold Finder Officially Introduced
  • 5 months later...