Nel Coils For The Gold Bug Pro Or F19

I'm considering trying the NEL Sharp Shooter and "Snake" coils on my F19 for nugget shooting  trashy mineralized old dig sites. Currently I use the small stock DD's (5" puck and 6x10) which work fine but was wondering if anyone has any experience running these  NEL coils with the GB Pro or F19, thanks.....Rob

I had considered the Snake as an alternative to the 5"DD on the G2.  Checking with a NEL dealer who has used both he came to the conclusion that the difference in separation, if any, was negligible.  Since I already had the 5" I took a pass on the Snake coil. 

Tom

Couple years ago when I was running gold bug pro. I tested most of the coils for Nel in gold detecting situations only. as far as reliability they are built very very well and come with a very stout thick coil cover that doesnt wear out quickly. I found that the sharpshooter was the best all around coil for gold prospecting.  You can cover good ground with it. (9.5 x 5.5) and you can still find very tiny gold with it. My partner still runs a gb pro and only uses the sharpshooter coil and is still doing very well with it. I personally think you can get an 1" - 1 1/2" more depth from nel coils versus the stock fisher coils. I think mainly it is because the targets that are right at the edge of detection are just louder and easier to hear. Of couse this does depend on a few conditions.  I never heard of anybody having any issues with Nel coils. The larger hunter coil 12.5x 8 is also a good coil especially for patch huntin. it still will catch some birdshot size gold sometimes. but still finds small gold good and loud. It covers alot of ground quick and is good for finding a first piece of gold to establish a new patch. you can buy nel coils from dealears on east coast. I think the sharpshooter is about $110 and a 2 yr warranty. fisher coils sold separately are only 1 year. and the hunter 12 5 x 8 is about $120-125. 

• Like 3

I use a $harp$hooter coil on my original T2,this is my personal opinion it is far superior than the T2 stock coil,its very sharp on small targets,great at pinpointing and although its just a bit smaller than the stock coil i dont think i loose a great amount of depth if any.

Its great combination on our trashy sites and has found me a couple of Celtic gold staters and a George 111 full gold guinea,so it really works for me,another NEL coil i also use but much bigger is the NEL Storm 14''x13'' this of course gives you greater depth and ground coverage,but normally when one gets a larger coil you do tend too have some downsides usually you loose the sensitivity to smaller targets,but with the Storm coil on the T2 that is not the case it will also hit cut halves and roman minims which are incredible small and hard to hit even with the stock coil,but the Storm coil does it.

If i was just to choose one detector and coil/s it would be the T2 and Sharpshooter and Storm coils,of course i dont nugget hunt like most folks do,but this combination does find me gold coins.

• Like 1