Mining Patent Info

I am looking for geological reports for a specific patented property. If I understand correctly before a patent is issued a survey has to be done and I am having difficulty finding one. Anyone know the process to obtain this kind of info?

I`m assuming you have looked at a few of the mineral survey reports. I am hoping they will contain economic feasibility or assay type reports that will be specific to the patent and not just survey for platting and recording title. Can you comment on that.

The last document I linked to above is the actual process for doing a mineral survey and it is just that - a survey job.

You are looking for the mineral exam report. From http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/regulations/mining_claims.html

"The General Mining Law of 1872, as amended (30 USC 29 and 43 CFR 3860, provides the successful mining claimant the right to patent (acquire absolute title to the land) mining claims or sites if they meet the statutory requirements. To meet this requirement, the successful claimant must:

1. For mining claims, demonstrate a physical exposure of a valuable (commercial) mineral deposit (the discovery) as defined by meeting the Department's Prudent Man Rule(1)and Marketability Test(2)

Mineral examiners are BLM geologists and mining engineers who have been certified by the Director to perform mineral examinations and to compile the necessary mineral report demonstrating the applicant's compliance with this aspect of the General Mining Law."